Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

invision
Mar 2, 2009

I DIDN'T GET ENOUGH RAPE LAST TIME, MAY I HAVE SOME MORE?
Recorded Summerset Hills. Also ripped off the brokeback mountain song for background music.

Gear: PT M-Powered 7.4x, Presonus Bluetube tube pre, M-Audio Firewire 410, Rode NT1A, and Smack! compressor.

e:give me things to read.

invision fucked around with this message at 04:11 on Jan 23, 2012

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

invision
Mar 2, 2009

Post something for me to drawl over.

invision
Mar 2, 2009

Me reading posts from GD_American in GiP.

invision
Mar 2, 2009

CuddleChunks posted:

Hahah this needs a hearty YEEE-HAW thrown in at the end because wooo doggies you done channeled some good ol' boys in this hyeah readin'.

What's the banjo piece?

I snagged it from youtube, it's called "Slow Banjo".

The said part is I actually talk somewhat close to that in normal, social situations, but it really depends on if the people I'm around have an accent or not.

invision
Mar 2, 2009

JossiRossi posted:

The only thing I'm confused by Robersdee, cause really your voice is great, is why you have your puff filter so close to the mic? I'm hearing your breath hitting against the mic, it should have a bit of space to diffuse the exhaled consonants (ideally a couple inches but that might change to tonality too much from where it is).

Might be my headphones but it also sounds like you're trying to counter as much of the puffs with a low-cut filter (under 100 hz?) somewhere in the pipeline. If you can put some space between the filter and the mic, and then yourself and the filter to mitigate that.

Also a really good idea is to upgrade to one of the wire mesh pop filters as opposed to the pantyhose ones. They actually deflect the air instead of just... being in the way.

invision
Mar 2, 2009

Speaking of pop filters I don't know where mine is, but I recorded a thing.

invision
Mar 2, 2009

Realistically, you should be gating everything you record anyway, so you should look into trying to cut out background noise when youre silent with a gate. It works pretty well unless you are standing next to something that's pretty loud.

Also no one comments on my work :(

invision
Mar 2, 2009

You sound really tense and like you're "trying to sound authoritative". Like you're forcing an anouncer voice or something.

also "Bed and bath loonens!"

Other than that though, it sound's good!

invision
Mar 2, 2009

Here's mine you can tear apart:

Gettin ya hyped for some vcr's mahfucka

invision
Mar 2, 2009

SM-57 and a pop filter.

invision
Mar 2, 2009

Would anyone be interested in doing an intro and some bump clips for a volunteer firefighting related podcast? I'm broke as poo poo but I'm sure I could spare 5 or 10 bucks if that helps any.

invision
Mar 2, 2009

So the podcast fell through. sorry guys. But now I'm looking for a voice tag for some lovely electronic music we're making. need some variations on "midwest communism".

invision
Mar 2, 2009

CuddleChunks posted:

You just want that phrase or do you have more text?

It's the name of the "band". So something like how DJ Khaled has that "DEEE JAYYYY KHALED" and then whatever else you want to throw in there. It's all up to you.

invision
Mar 2, 2009

Nope, no background music. Gonna throw them on the intros to our songs.

invision
Mar 2, 2009

Did anyone happen to record those voice tags?

invision
Mar 2, 2009

CuddleChunks posted:

Man, I have no idea what you were looking for here. Still, throw these in front of your mixes and you're guaranteed to have ALL the fine ladies all up in your grill. That's the power of radio!

Hahaha. The last one killed me. Definitely gonna use it.

I'm going for something like how he yells DEEE JAYYY KHALLEEEDDDD in the intro to this
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1AoJUwL2FGE

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

invision
Mar 2, 2009

Old, but here it is: