Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dudley Downright
Mar 30, 2012
Greetings! Well, it's been quiet here for a few days, but being a newb and foolish, I thought I'd risk the wrath of the Goonal Gods and post up some aural offerings. Any critique and advice is greatly appreciated!

Name: Dudley Downright

Specialties: mature resonant male, FM announcer type, regional Canadian, US, & English accents, also Irish, Scots, and maybe French/German/Russian accents (all silly or not as required).

Tindeck: see below...

Pay: PayPal

Equipment: Blue Yeti, home-made porta-booth, & Audacity

For your amusement or disgust:
Summerset Hills
I had to rework this one, but finally got it more acceptable (at least to my cloth ears!)

The Retro-Encabulator

Dudley Downright fucked around with this message at 17:16 on Apr 6, 2012

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dudley Downright
Mar 30, 2012

Tim Burns Effect posted:

So I paid for the upgraded account on Tindeck, but my account still hasn't been upgraded and I haven't gotten a response from the site admins. Anybody else have this problem?

Hi Tim,

My Tindeck upgrade/activation email did come fairly quickly. You might want to check your email SPAM filter settings.
My email provider was filtering deliveries my pop3 account, so I had to login to my provider's system to tweek the settings.

Dudley Downright
Mar 30, 2012

Zratha posted:

I also finally got a decent mic (The Yeti)and the stuff for making a porta-booth should be hearing within the week.

Hey Zratha,

I too am using a Yeti with a home-made porta-booth, but had problems finding a suitable container/cube with enough headroom for the statuesque 11" Yeti. Most of the porta-booth examples that I could see online had only 12" interiors, and seemed designed for smaller mics. They left hardly any overhead room for adequate sound-insulation material. I finally bought a cheap folding (seat and storage) ottoman that had an all-round 14" interior. I put in a strip of 3" egg-carton acoustic foam on the back and sides and a 2" foam section in the top, so there's just enough room to squeeze in the Yeti. To further isolate, the whole cube is sitting on top of another slab of 3" egg-carton foam.

It seems to be working well. If you have a chance, let us know if you have any comments/tips on crafting a porta-booth for a Yeti.

Cheers, Dudley