Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Canuck-Errant
Oct 28, 2003

MOOD: BURNING - MUSIC: DISCO INFERNO BY THE TRAMMPS
Grimey Drawer
Name: CanuckErrant

Specialties: An average Canadian / Midwestern accent is my default speaking voice, though I can do the Stereotypical Radio Announcer and a pseudo-Russian accent. I've also got a half-decent singing voice, but don't ask me to sing Billy Idol.

Tindeck: Here. Note that since these recordings I've gotten a much, MUCH better mic. One that isn't a headset mic. Ugh.

Payment: Paypal is perfectly fine.

Edit:

oh god I can't pronounce technobabble without fumbling I am so ashamed

Canuck-Errant fucked around with this message at 01:34 on Feb 7, 2012

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Canuck-Errant
Oct 28, 2003

Grimey Drawer

Dudley Downright posted:

:words:

Hey, uh, don't sign your posts. We don't do that around here unless we're cruising for a mocking. And prefacing your posts with a salutation is kinda silly if you're quoting them in your post.

Canuck-Errant
Oct 28, 2003

Grimey Drawer
So, a little while ago I recorded a thing:

Now, apart from "sound less Canadian", "don't breathe into the mic" and "never do that again, for the love of god, Montessor", does anyone have any specific advice to offer?

Canuck-Errant
Oct 28, 2003

Grimey Drawer
Doesn't Audacity actually have a built-in noise removal tool under the "Analyze" thing in the menu? You just have to have a long enough sample for it to work well.

Canuck-Errant
Oct 28, 2003

Grimey Drawer

My try at the Captain Fantastic script - I really should have kept my hands off that clicky pen, ugh.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Canuck-Errant
Oct 28, 2003

Grimey Drawer

INTERNET NERD RAGE posted:

The reason I'm bothering with CD's at all is for my local market. I did a workshop with a guy who acknowledges that while CD's are fading out pretty quickly, for commercial work it's not a bad idea to get in touch with local ad agencies' broadcast departments and try to schedule something for some quick face to face interaction. That way, they are more inclined to actually listen to the demo and hopefully keep me in mind for work down the road.

Or so I'm told. Can't hurt to try, right?

By the way, I'm having some technical issues with my Yeti mic. I've got a pair of headphones plugged in to the bottom and can listen out of them, but if I'm trying to monitor my voice through them there's still a lag with enough of a delay that makes it literally impossible for me to continue speaking. This microphone isn't supposed to have that lag because of the headphone jack built in to it but I can't find the right settings to fix the issue. The computer I'm using doesn't have a set of speakers plugged in to it and I don't have an extra pair lying around to see if that fixes it just yet. Thoughts?

Mine has a very slight delay, so I'm thinking it could just be something in Windows settings that's feeding back the audio input - check the Yeti mic properties to see if "Listen to this device" is set under the Listen tab.