Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Wet Bandits Copycat
Apr 18, 2004

So I don't want to pursue voice acting as a vocation, HOWEVER, I do lots of voice overs for these videos that I make about microbiology. I've got a really boring, droning, voice. Is there some way I can make this slightly better? I feel myself improving with practice, but if there's something specific that would really help then I'd like to hear it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wet Bandits Copycat
Apr 18, 2004

The Joe Man posted:

If you'd link a video/audio file, I can do my best to help you and give specific advice. There's absolutely no way I can give you specific advice if I can't hear it.

As a general tip for what I assume to be your problem though, I'd recommend for you to imagine yourself speaking on-stage to a large group of people. They're all here to listen & see you, and they want to be entertained. Sound interested and excited about what you're talking about!

poo poo, pretend you're Beakman.

When I post my tutorial about how to read plates on youtube I'll also include it in this thread.