Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

shehackedyou
Aug 14, 2004

it is never too late to give up your prejudices
Would it be appropriate to post a script for a kick starter video? I have a condenser mic and will likely do it myself but it might be nice to see how different it could sound with someone who isn't the shy science-y type.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

shehackedyou
Aug 14, 2004

Sorry, I was trying to edit it a bit and research if I should format it as a script for voice actors.

http://paradox.rambisyouth.com/SA/voscript

If I do end up using your voice ( I will notify you in the thread ) and we get funded I will either compensate you after the funding comes in or contract you for other VO work on the project. I can not currently pay for VO work so don't do this expecting immediate compensation.

shehackedyou
Aug 14, 2004

You guys sound great, thanks for taking the time to put those together. I like the not over the top enthusiasm in your voice. When I read it I have a hard time not coming off just sounding like I'm reading a script and droning.

If I end up using your track on the video I will report back and share the video with you to make sure you approve of it.

I don't know if this is your domain but if you have any critique recommendations for the script, I'm no expert and always appreciate feedback.

shehackedyou fucked around with this message at 23:18 on Oct 30, 2013

shehackedyou
Aug 14, 2004

I recently started free live open-source computer science and programming classes.

And if anyone is interested in the practice, I will be able to pay people for work soon, and I would pay retroactively if I ever used anything containing your voice in it. The project is making money, but more is needed to cover the basic costs to operate it, but it is growing.

I'm interested in working with some voice actors to improve the production quality of my project.

I was thinking of having a bumper in between re-runs; my initial idea was to have a voice actor reading an old sci-fi short story written by an author who died almost a decade before I was born. I'm interested in the short story "The Cold Equations" by Tom Godwin. And the work is in the public domain.

A copy is available here: https://docs.google.com/viewer?a=v&pid=sites&srcid=ZGVmYXVsdGRvbWFpbnxiY2hzbXJlcmlja3NvbnxneDo5NjI5MmU1OTQ2YWViOW

This specific task is primarily about trying to establish working relationships with people who are reliable, capable of understanding the aesthetic, and whose work fits within the context of what I'm trying to create.

I'm aware that I can find someone reading this on the internet.

This practice run is more about establishing a relationship with some voice actors interested in helping establish something in the very early stages. And I strongly believe in both workers' rights, and as an artist, I know how often we get screwed over. And I'm interested in establishing friendships with people with talents that would work well with my project.

I'm already working with some Yale Alumni who worked at NASA despite coming from a dirt-poor background. She is providing educational content outside the scope of what I do (mostly computer science, physics, and open-source hardware and software engineering).

If this sounds interesting to you, please PM or email me. If I decide it is good enough to broadcast your voice, I would give you a say in final-cut, and pay you retroactively for the work done.