Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ATwoSlotToaster
Nov 6, 2004

You're toast!
Just searched for a thread like this, it is exactly what I need exactly when I need it! I finally got a phone inbox for my drum company and my voice message just plain sucks balls. I'm looking for anyone with decent vocals to get me a professionally sounding outgoing message.

Length: n/a

Due: ASAP, my voice just does not do my company justice.

Notes: "B Meson" is pronounced "Bee Mess On". The web address can be said the same way. Can you read the lines a few times so I have enough to edit around with, thanks.

Script: "You have reached B Meson Custom Percussion. You've reached the inbox of B Meson Custom Percussion. Please leave your name and number first followed by a brief message. Custom drum quotes can be received online through our website at bmeson.com. https://www.bmeson.com. Thanks for your call. Thank you for your call. We'll return your call promptly. Be Inspired, Be Unique, B Meson. Have a nice day. Thank you. 315-451-7282."

Pay: I dont have paypal but I'd like to pay $10 to the one I finally use. I think you can send me an invoice or something. But I also don't want to get someones hopes up if I don't use it, it needs to be fairly good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ATwoSlotToaster
Nov 6, 2004

You're toast!
That was awesome! I loved it. Is there any way you can just do the lines with the "B Meson" in it and try it with a little more of the "O" in meson. (Right now it sounds more like "Mesan" or "mesin" if that makes sense.) I already know i'm gonna use yours so this would make it perfect!

Send me an invoice to prfblakley@gmail.com for $15, you've done good sir!

Edit: any chance you can PM me your email? I might just get in touch later with some more work too.

ATwoSlotToaster fucked around with this message at 02:10 on Feb 22, 2012

ATwoSlotToaster
Nov 6, 2004

You're toast!

Camo Guitar posted:

Sure can - here you go!

I'll shoot through the invoice later today but in the meantime if you need anything just let me know via Al@almigoproductions.com (as I don't have PM's)

Awesome, that is right on! Thanks so much, I'll be in touch I'm sure!

ATwoSlotToaster
Nov 6, 2004

You're toast!
A marching band I'm working with had an idea for a narration over their show music. It isn't something we're positive about using so I thought it would be a good idea to post it here. Anyone want to give this one a shot so we can see how it works with our show music? That would be awesome!

It is a bit of an Edgar Allen Poe work and we're looking for it to be on the dark and dreary side.

No pestilence had ever been so fatal or so hideous. Blood was its Avatar and its seal- the redness and horror of blood.

But the Prince Prospero retired to the deep seclusion of one of his castellated abbeys. And while the pestilence raged most furiously abroad, the Prince Prospero entertained a thousand of his friends at a grand ball.

Of the rooms in which it was held, there were seven- the eastern extremity, in blue, the second chamber was purple, the third was green, the fourth was furnished and lighted with orange, the fifth with white, and the sixth with violet. The seventh apartment was closely shrouded in black.

When there commenced the sounding of midnight upon the clock, the crowd became aware of a masked figure, tall and gaunt, and shrouded from head to foot in the habiliments of the grave.

And now was acknowledged the presence of Red Death. He had come like a thief in the night and one by one dropped the revelers. And Darkness and Decay and Red Death held illimitable dominion over all.

ATwoSlotToaster
Nov 6, 2004

You're toast!
I just took a step in the right direction for finalizing the publication of a short children's book I wrote. I was always hoping I could release it with an audiobook attached somehow!

I've posted here several times in the past for certain needs and I am ALWAYS impressed with the results. I love this thread and I just want to let you all know how great you guys are here!

So, the book is about a drum that joins marching band and tries out a bunch of the instruments before deciding to play the drums. (Yes, the book is about a drum that plays the drums in marching band.)

I would like to have someone with a fun voice read through the book. The text has a LOT of sounds involved and I'd really like them to be over the top for the audiobook. Anyone reading the book can make the fun sounds, I'm hoping someone here can make them come to life in a very wacky way! I would like all sounds to be made by voice, any creative way you want to do that is fine, without digital effects.

Length: However long it takes to read through the book with zany sounds.

Notes: Try the sounds a few ways. Start normal, very dry, basically just read the words monotone. Then keep bumping it up a notch until its insanely over the top and way too much. The idea is that I'll have options on which take to use for each page. Also, the sounds you read can be over and beyond what's written, especially at the end.

Script: "For Luca. Drummy Drum Joins Marchy Band. Written by Patrick R. F. Blakley. Illustrated by Emily Hogan. Illustrated by Caitlyn Nepka. This is Drummy. He’s a drum. Today Drummy Drum is joining the marchy band! But Drummy doesn’t know what instrument to play. What instrument should Drummy try? Drummy tries the Saxy-phone. Woop Woop Wop Wop SQUEEK! Now Drummy is trying the Clary-net. Beep Beep Bip Bip SKWAK! Drummy tries to play the Frenchy-horn. Honk Honk Honk Honk CLUNK! Drummy puts on the big Sousy-phone. He can barely lift it over his head! Boop Boop Bop Bop TOOT! These instruments are not for Drummy Drum, he doesn't feel like he fits in at all. Do you know what instrument Drummy could try? What's that banging pounding thumping bumping? Bang Bang Tom Tom Pow-wow! It's drums! Drummy can't wait to try the drums! Crack Crack, Dom Dom, Ratta-tat, Crash, Badoom Tish! Drummy loves drums! Drummy is going to play drums in the marchy band! Woop Woop Beep Beep Honk Honk Boop Boop, Bang Bang Thud Bash Bash Pow Tish Tosh Crash! Doop Doop Wallawoop Shoobidoo. Ting Tang Wallop Pow Zing Tash. Clap Clap Clap Clap!"

Pay: I'd like to pay up to $100 for a quality read that hits on all of my notes above.

I'll probably have some followup work soon too because I'll probably include an About the Author and About the Illustrator section that can be included in the audiobook. Once we get the ball rolling we can chat along the way.

Thanks everyone, I hope this is as fun to read as it was to write!

ATwoSlotToaster fucked around with this message at 04:41 on Jan 4, 2017

ATwoSlotToaster
Nov 6, 2004

You're toast!

all-Rush mixtape posted:

Why would a drum PLAY the drums? That seems a bit odd. Anyway, I took a stab.

Thanks for the read! I love the energy towards the end for sure! Overall, seems a little muffled. If this was a bit more clear it would definitely be on the right track.

Especially the drum sounds at the end, that's great!

ATwoSlotToaster
Nov 6, 2004

You're toast!
I just wanted to give an update: I got a lot of PMs with reads on this, very much appreciated! I'm taking the next steps with someone right now and I'll be sure to post the results once I'm done with the edits. Thanks again everyone, I didn't expect so many submissions, very much appreciated!

ATwoSlotToaster
Nov 6, 2004

You're toast!
Just finished editing the audiobook. Check it out here:

https://soundcloud.com/atwoslottoaster/drummy-drum-joins-marchy-band

Let me know what you think!

ATwoSlotToaster
Nov 6, 2004

You're toast!
Hey dudes. The marching band I teach is looking for some narration for our show this year. It's about an art gallery and we need basically an elegant tour guide (possible English accent?) to record some lines. We're offering $100 for your work if you're interested. Thanks!

Here's the script:

Right this way, please... Please assemble in this area ladies and gentlemen... The tour will begin in just a few minutes... Come right in... Right this way... Step this way. please... The tour is about to begin.

Good evening ladies and gentlemen, and welcome to… The Gallery...

Our first piece is titled Masks Still Life 3. Expressionist artist, Emil Nolde intended for this painting of various masks of non-Western cultures to be macabre and frightening.

Our next painting is Cafe Terrace at Night, by Vincent Van Gogh. This work depicts a typical evening on the street in Arles, France, where people are seated at the outdoor tables and chairs of a popular coffee house.

Please direct your attention to this painting by Abbott Handerson Thayer. He is largely known as a painter of 'ideal figures', in which he portrayed women as embodiments of virtue. This piece, Angel, is both a portrait of his daughter Mary and an allegory of hope and spirituality.

We end our tour with Piet Mondrian’s Composition with Red, Blue, and Yellow. The canvas uses only the simplest of colors and is reduced to squares and rectangles defined by vertical and horizontal lines.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ATwoSlotToaster
Nov 6, 2004

You're toast!

WarpedNaba posted:

Haaang on, is this the same parade thing I did a year or two back? I'm still waiting on the end result.

Hey WarpedNaba! This is the same band but a much different show. Sorry, I thought I sent you a link to our video from back then. Here is a video of us using your voiceover work:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JbeHCwMUibI

The first narration is at about 0:35 but they go throughout the show.