Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

goku im piss
Mar 18, 2005

Your mama was a snowblower
Name: Goku I'm Piss

Specialties: Hanna-Barbara character voices, Movie Trailer Guy, Sports announcer Guy.

Tindeck: http://tindeck.com/users/laser+vampire - Nothing there atm except a music track.

Payment: Paypal for small projects, email me for big items.

I started out as wanting to be in radio, spent a few years there, moved to production, and then started working as a DJ.

I generally like doing just about anything, even really silly stuff.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

goku im piss
Mar 18, 2005

Your mama was a snowblower

Captain Walker posted:

So I'm sitting with my expensive Yeti and I realized I don't have any idea what I should be doing for a demo reel. I'm a young male with a deeper voice and I need a reel to get jobs. What kind of material should I be reading to show off my range?

Depends on your focus. If you want to do commercial work, do some reads of some Radio Ad Copy.

Here's some samples:

English Adult >> Commercial >> Business >> AT&T Broadband

Confused about choosing cable or a dish? Don't be. ATT Broadband gives you more. Go with Cable and get up to 230 channels on 2 TVs for only $39.99/month. Plus get free Cinemax, The Movie Channel and free professional installation on any Cable TV Package. Call 1-800-CABLE-ME today.

English Adult >> Narration >> Corporate & Industrial >> Clarins

Welcome to the Clarins Family. It is our objective to provide you with a warm and exciting environment filled with opportunity and growth. We attribute the success of the company to our “Commitment to Excellence” and our commitment to people.
This presentation will serve as a guide for all general information to assist its employees. The topics we will cover today include Employee Benefit Program Highlights, Company Policies as well as Personal Policies. Please follow along with the provided employee handbook.

English Adult >> Commercial >> Travel & Entertainment >> Walt Disney World Resort

It’s a magical time to take your little characters. Is your living room a living storybook? Is there a princess on your couch who looks a lot like your little girl? Or a little beast roaring through the roam? Then, it’s the perfect time to introduce your child to the world where that magic is real. - Walt Disney World Resort. Call today for your FREE Vacation Planning Kit. You’ll get everything you need to know to plan a Disney Trip with your preschoolers, and discover the magic through their eyes. Call 1-800-225-3124 for a Free Vacation Planning Kit.

This copy doesn't emphasize what the emotional range should be, but listen to similar ads and you can see what they might be looking for.

I still read sample copy to stay fresh.