Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
NOTinuyasha
Oct 17, 2006

The Great Twist

Cockmaster posted:

Actually, Smart cars were originally designed for European cities where that size car is the norm, and you can park perpendicular to the street. There are plenty of places in the US that look as if something as small as a Smart car would be nice to have, but in practice its small size probably won't help you all that often (parking perpendicular to the street is generally illegal in the US, and you can't quite fit two Smart cars in an average parking space).

Smart cars are sort of popular in NYC. You can't park it perpendicular, or at least I've never seen anyone try, but parking isn't lined so there's always a space big enough for your stupid little crapbox on every block. When I say "popular", I mean there are a few, the majority of residents crazy enough to own a car don't really care, any barge on wheels will do just fine.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NOTinuyasha
Oct 17, 2006

The Great Twist
Broder writes almost exclusively about oil/energy issues, he was probably out to write a story about the hurdles that electric cars face, and wasn't concerned if he was able to personally reproduce specific issues with one specific product. But that wouldn't have worked in the context of a car review, so he bridged the gap with lies and bullshit.

• Locked thread