Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
redgubbinz
May 1, 2007

Madurai posted:

I have driven a Tesla Model S. I was so impressed it caused me to write like Dr. Manhattan.

You should submit this post to TTAC or something. Consider my incredibly cynical rear end interested in electric cars again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

redgubbinz
May 1, 2007

dubzee posted:

http://renovomotors.com/the-coupe/

An electric Shelby Daytona. 500+ hp 1000 ft-lbs and no mention of range :v:

Range is however far to closest tree/ditch, naturally. Or, with an instant 1,000 ft-lbs...the nearest tire shop.

E: Yep, that pic of the 'engine bay' is absolutely making it into my desktop rotation. Only wish it was a bit higher resolution though.

redgubbinz fucked around with this message at 23:37 on Aug 24, 2014

redgubbinz
May 1, 2007

Definitely, thanks!

redgubbinz
May 1, 2007

wilfredmerriweathr posted:

Would be so rad. Electric drivetrain so 4wd is a breeze to implement without pesky driveshafts, max torque from a standstill.

Bonus if using a diesel generator allows smoke tune bros to enjoy hybrid tech at last.

As long as the generator exhausts into the cab (and there is room on the front for a moustache).

redgubbinz
May 1, 2007

I'd settle for smooth pavement and non-crumbling bridges, once we've got that down we can start working on the Electric Avenue.

redgubbinz
May 1, 2007

Ripoff posted:

As for the chassis gods, I thought they had completely abandoned GM, because, well, every 90's-late 00's car they've ever made. So count me surprised.

GM sent some acolytes to learn the ways of the Japanese but they got lost and landed in South Korea instead. Still an improvement.

redgubbinz
May 1, 2007

Elephanthead posted:

Look Honda, all I want is the 3.5L V6 in a honda fit, thanks.

Put the new NSX hybrid drivetrain inside the car, remove the seats, massive boxy fender flares and rear or all wheel drive :getin:

redgubbinz
May 1, 2007

A surprisingly good overview of the car, a lot of the misgivings I had about the giant ipad stapled to the dash don't seem as bad now. I especially like how the two physical scroll wheels are context sensitive, unfortunately switching context still requires eyes off the road. I'm still in the :corsair: camp of touchscreens don't belong in cars but that's looking like more of a personal preference now.

What would be neat is the ability to reconfigure the buttons yourself, for instance if I always want the left wheel to scroll for volume and the left/right to be track select, but the right wheel scrolls for climate control temp and left/right press would be fan speed. Between that and the stalks that'd be 90% of the daily interaction with my car right there, if I need to screw with anything else I can wait for a light or just set it before I leave.

redgubbinz
May 1, 2007

Maybe I'm old fashioned but it seems like a poor life choice to top 100mph while filming your dash with a phone, and then keep your foot in it even after the noise starts.

redgubbinz
May 1, 2007

I will always stand in awe at how corporate interests tricked the common idiot into doing their PR for them, for free, usually against the person's own best interests.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

redgubbinz
May 1, 2007

The other Rimac was fairly hot once Richard Hammond got done with it.

• Locked thread