Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Adiabatic
Nov 18, 2007

What have you assholes done now?

The Sicilian posted:

This is what I mean, apples to oranges.

But no, AI has spoken. The Bolt objectively has a better interior than any Tesla ever.

Ya'll are just mad Elon is Bob Lutz with twitter fingers. If we had a news article for every single retarded thing Bob said we'd have a mega thread.

You're being very hostile in a thread about electric vehicles.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Adiabatic
Nov 18, 2007

Look I dont care WHO started it you BOTH are going to behave back there and shut the gently caress up about which EV interior tickles your balls better.

If I have to stop this car before the 10 miles left we have on this charge SO HELP ME GOD.

e: by all means argue till you're blue in the face about which ones better, but keep the personal insults down.

Adiabatic fucked around with this message at 19:45 on Jul 22, 2017

Adiabatic
Nov 18, 2007

Naw that was a great and thorough post and you should feel proud of making it you fuckhead.

Adiabatic
Nov 18, 2007

For a bunch of electric vehicle nerds you guys sure are testy.

Adiabatic
Nov 18, 2007

The Sicilian posted:

The valet will figure that out.

Feel free to get hosed. The thread has been dead. If you want post some content you might have a leg to stand on. In the interim, refer to self-loving I referenced earlier.

Protip dont loving do this idiot.

Adiabatic
Nov 18, 2007

drgitlin posted:

So, you're welcome to apologize for calling me dishonest any time you like.

Anytime after he's off probation at least.

Adiabatic
Nov 18, 2007

Everyone please remember your EV thread mod dues are coming up.

Probating only The Sicilian is hard work, you know.

Adiabatic
Nov 18, 2007

Yeah seriously I would actually buy that E-type, which puts it worlds ahead any other electric car.

Adiabatic
Nov 18, 2007

I think a good example of this is when Hammond took his out for a nice weekend in Monte Carlo and the engine destroyed itself. Looked great on the side of the highway, though.

Adiabatic
Nov 18, 2007

Ola posted:

I can hardly think of a worse classic layout to redo. That huge hood might look good, but it's entirely a waste of space with an electric drive train. Likely an impractical luggage compartment, at best a battery house with hopefully a small, discreet lid somewhere for wiper fluid. Rolls are also going to do electrics, which works really well in spirit but they too have an aesthetic of a huge hood matching the acres of land the owner roams with his fox hunting party. The Brits can do modern engineering if they want to, hopefully they come up with something modern as well.

:frogout:

Adiabatic
Nov 18, 2007

The Sicilian,

You've become a pain in the dick. I do not enjoy constantly having to probate you. People in this thread are not against Tesla; they are against your lovely, unfunny posting and general bad attitude.

Therefore, in the spirit of making idiot lemonade out of idiot lemons:

Every time you post about Tesla in this thread, you either have to say something genuinely good about another manufacturer's EV or something genuinely bad about the Tesla you're talking about.

It is my hope that the rest of the thread will find enjoyment out of either your forced magnanimous posts, or your constant and long probations.

Thanks,

Post Janitor

Adiabatic
Nov 18, 2007

The Sicilian posted:

Hahahahahahahahaha.

What a bastion of discourse and intelligent discussion AI is. And you guys wonder why the people with interesting cars are quickly driven out (not me, but regulars will remember).

Enjoy your club house.

If you'd like an interesting car to drive out with, I hear the new Chevy Bolt has some good features!

Adiabatic
Nov 18, 2007

Platystemon posted:

For short hills.

For long hills, if you can freewheel down the hill at 110 km/h, you could instead let the car reach say 70 km/h and siphon some of the potential energy into the battery instead of wasting it all moving air.

Really even that's dependent upon the size of the next hill and how much speed you need to get over it with zero throttle input.

Quick somebody make a dynamic force equation for this poo poo.

Adiabatic
Nov 18, 2007

I'M SAVING THE ENVIRONMENT.

Adiabatic
Nov 18, 2007

That's super true, with wind resistance being a second order function and all. Good points.

Adiabatic
Nov 18, 2007

The Sicilian posted:

I'M AN ANTISOCIAL GROGNARD HURR DURR

This recent spat with you and whomever spawned 5 reports on you from 5 different people. I want you to take some time off and really think about why you're in this thread, what it's doing for your life, and whether you'd like to be the guy that gets banned from posting in the nerdy electric vehicle thread of an automotive subforum of a comedy forum.

Adiabatic
Nov 18, 2007

The Sicilian posted:

Just seems like a lot of children trying to deny someone else's success.

Tesla produced the model 3, something many said they couldn't do.

Now we have people saying, "well they aren't actually producing any the factory isn't moving," while at the same time purporting this to be a deathtrap of a factory.

It must be fun to film random factory segments, jerk off to your short position you are still covering, and engage in some good old denial.

Also LOL at Faraday Future, the CEO is facing indictment in China and multiple lawsuits for nonpayment via his shell companies.

AI might be good something, but it isn't picking winners.

I'm really trying to understand your position and not probate you for everything you say in this thread, but make it a little easier on me booboo. Like try not to be such an rear end in a top hat please and absolutely don't generalize AI as X who do Y because that's super against the rules. We can make this work. I believe in you.

Adiabatic
Nov 18, 2007

The Sicilian posted:

On October 5th the share will be $350 or higher.

And mods, please make pun pundit actually toxx, what a lame loving bet. “I’ll change my avatar.”

This isn't Wall Street Bets you weirdo.

Adiabatic
Nov 18, 2007

Toxx or get out.

Adiabatic
Nov 18, 2007

They're offering all their best options, not their worst ones.

Adiabatic
Nov 18, 2007

Quit reporting posts because you don't agree with them.

Adiabatic
Nov 18, 2007

The Sicilian posted:

I just made a little over $60k on my calls I posted about earlier.

Just checked my brokerage account.

Thanks for being consistently wrong goons, I couldn't have done it without you.

Oh hey I was just talking about how this thread is probably going to cause me an aneurysm. Good timing friend.

Is there anything else off-topic you'd like to brag about?

Adiabatic
Nov 18, 2007

Hopefully you can buy an agreeable personality.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Adiabatic
Nov 18, 2007

McStephenson posted:

This thread is SUCH A DUMPSTER FIRE

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3865505

• Locked thread