Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bardlebee
Feb 24, 2009

Im Blind.
If the forums are to be believed, Tesla has reservations for 10k+ model S vehicles. They can only make 6k this year (reportedly) so its looking pretty good for them. I think a lot of buyers (me included) are waiting to see if the care does well before reserving. With any luck Tesla could have the Model S reservation line all the way through 2013.

Pretty exciting stuff to see.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bardlebee
Feb 24, 2009

Im Blind.

kronix posted:

I think the model S might be what does it for lots of people. An American company making a luxury electric has so much appeal it's not even funny. Cross your fingers they don't screw it up.

What makes me excited is that American companies are on the way to producing some of the most advanced and sought after cars in the world again, and that's something every North American can be happy about.

Tesla has so many patents on their electric vehicles, it makes me fantasize about the idea of them become one of the big American car companies in the future. Of course, this is a far fetched idea it makes you wonder though how the other larger companies will compete if/when electric vehicles take off.

I think a lot of the turn off is how ugly they are making the electric vehicles. I think maybe larger companies making the small and compact vehicles are doing so for the added mileage it gives you. But I don't want to buy a small compact and weird looking car, and I think many Americans feel the same way.

I know that Toyota will be using Tesla's powertrain and electric car technology in their Rav4 EV's soon to come out, the Model S won't be the only profit Tesla sees...

• Locked thread