Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MadScientistWorking
Jun 23, 2010

"I was going through a time period where I was looking up weird stories involving necrophilia..."

Cakefool posted:

I get irrationally angry whenever people start on how Hydrogen will save us, its the worst of both worlds. Hydrogen is currently generated from fossil fuels & if you filled your car up on Friday, the tank would be approx 2/3 full when you go to drive to work on Monday. Boiling off is a bitch. Combine that with the rather poor volumetric fuel consumption required to maintain 'adequate' power & I can't see why people want to see it in cars.
None of the idiotic infrastructure is needed in comparison to electric vehicles. As it stands all gas stations are pretty much good to go for hydrogen fuel cars because cars sort of run on the same fuel that hydrogen fuel cells can. When most people refer to hydrogen fuel cells they refer to the fact that you are burning hydrogen but in the end it really doesn't matter where the hydrogen comes from.

quote:

The bitch of fuel cells is the kind that can feasibly replace gas require platinum or palladium which sends the price through the roof. T
That problem got solved years ago and nickel and silver can theoretically be used in fuel cells. The issue now is a completely different problem that partially stands from the current fuel cell parts having been optimized for 30 years while the newer stuff has only been studied for years.

MadScientistWorking fucked around with this message at 18:09 on Jan 20, 2012

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread