Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
bolind
Jun 19, 2005

Pillbug

Blooot posted:

Better Place is still going: http://www.betterplace.com/

I live right next to their main office. I'll grab a few pics next time I'm 'round.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bolind
Jun 19, 2005

Pillbug

eeenmachine posted:

This was written recently and thought it would stimulate some discussion... :getin:

http://waitbutwhy.com/2015/06/how-tesla-will-change-your-life.html

Just got this knocked off my "to read" list, and holy poo poo...

I think I have between 0 and 2 ICE cars to buy in my life, at least when we're talking non-enthusiast.

bolind
Jun 19, 2005

Pillbug
Speaking of Norwegians, I just spent 36 hours in Oslo, and holy hell, so many Teslas. Including two roadsters.

I want one.

bolind
Jun 19, 2005

Pillbug
So my friend's household is now ICE free. Traded in their Skoda and got a lightly used Nissan Leaf, in addition to their recently acquired Renault Fluence. The Leaf is very nice, I got to drive it. Had more or less every option available. Surprisingly quiet, very easy to go above the limit in.

bolind
Jun 19, 2005

Pillbug
DriveNow just arrived with a bunch of BMW i3s in Copenhagen. It actually seems like a really awesome concept.

Speaking of which, the i3 has 155/70 19" tires. :stare:

bolind
Jun 19, 2005

Pillbug

stevewm posted:

I really wish the Volt displayed efficiency/consumption in wh/mi instead of "MPGe".

Depends, can you have a gallon of electrons?

bolind
Jun 19, 2005

Pillbug
When is the Model 3 realistically going to start shipping, by the way?

bolind
Jun 19, 2005

Pillbug
I can't really seem to find this info anywhere: does anyone know what kind of hp/kW the model 3 puts out? Any dyno charts yet?

bolind
Jun 19, 2005

Pillbug
So are there any more long term down to earth layman's reviews out of the Model 3 yet?

bolind
Jun 19, 2005

Pillbug
If one were to build a new garage, and wire it up for an EV, how many amps at 230/400? Two-phase or three? No specific EV in mind, just to future proof.

bolind
Jun 19, 2005

Pillbug

Powershift posted:

Wow, that's bad. They didn't talk to a single trucker, or sit in a single truck before designing this.

I don't not believe you, but can you elaborate?

bolind
Jun 19, 2005

Pillbug
Could be that BMW has more experience designing for low overhang, with most of their lineup being longitudinal ICE + RWD anyway. My E87 has a relatively short overhang, maybe half a wheel diameter or so.

bolind
Jun 19, 2005

Pillbug
Am I the only grumpy-old-man-who-yells-at-clouds who just wants an EV that's a car. Fine, let me not crash into the guy in front of me and you get to beep if I depart a lane, but give me full control and real buttons, thanks.

bolind
Jun 19, 2005

Pillbug
Don't give a gently caress, electric motorcycles are so cool they could have a turd as a logo and still be OK in my book.

(New logo ain't bad.)

bolind
Jun 19, 2005

Pillbug
Some dutchmen modified a Model S into a Shooting Brake and it looks really good!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bolind
Jun 19, 2005

Pillbug

God drat that factory must have more moving parts than a silo full of Swiss watches.

Interesting to see that some things are still best done by human hands.

• Locked thread