Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
duz
Jul 11, 2005

Come on Ilhan, lets go bag us a shitpost

Which is handy if you ever drive outside of cellphone range and get out of the car, shutting the door behind you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Godholio posted:

Trucks out here seem to use their mirrors about as often as BMW drivers use their turn signals.

You're assuming they're running people off the road on accident.

duz
Jul 11, 2005

When is the extended range version coming out so I can upgrade.

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Ug, I guess I'll call Nissan and get my '11 battery replaced then.

duz
Jul 11, 2005

For a size reference, I can fit my perfectly normal bicycle in the back of my Leaf with the rear seats folded down and it doesn't protrude into the front seats at all.

duz
Jul 11, 2005

The dealer I take mine to was like that at the start, they've gotten better about training more techs as the cars get sold and they have to service more of them.

duz
Jul 11, 2005

I thought autopilot would safely pull over if the driver wasn't responding?

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Subjunctive posted:

I thought the supercharger IP was already available.

It is, but I'm told it's designed for Tesla's batteries.

Chargepoint says they have 46,796 Commercial spots and 726 Express spots which I'd think means level 2 and level 3 respectively.

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Great, now millennials are killing the car.

duz
Jul 11, 2005

big crush on Chad OMG posted:

Couldn’t they just claim a max speed of 19.5mph and get around the ban completely?

That's generally how scooters/mopeds do it. They sometimes even have a physical limiter that's easy to remove/replace.

duz
Jul 11, 2005

When I explain charging my car to people, I always put it in terms of how many miles of range I'm getting per hour of charging. Everyone seems to understand that. That's not really something the charging station can know though, that's more on the car to present.

duz
Jul 11, 2005

So, uh, went out this morning to my car and someone made off with my charging cable. Any recommendations for level 1 outlet chargers on Amazon so I won't be too long without a personal cable? There's a public station across the street so I'm not 100% dead. I plan on getting the '19 Leaf this fall which should come with another OEM cable so I'm fine with something not great but usable.

duz
Jul 11, 2005

stevewm posted:

People seem to like the cheap Duosida branded ones. That same one is sold under multiple different "brands" on Amazon. Just lookup "level 1 evse" on Amazon. Half the results are all the same exact unit.

You can also find some cheap level 1 EVSEs on eBay if you dig. I seen a few of the OEM units that are included with the Gen 2 Volt and Bolt on there for $200. Bonus that those are also 240v capable with an adapter.

Yeah, I saw those, didn't know if those were actually popular or just chinese vendors flooding amazon. I'll just buy whichever then.

stevewm posted:

Most J1772 handles have a small hole under the latch button that is there for putting a padlock so someone can't steal your cable, well.. at least easily.

I'll have to grab my gym padlock and start doing that. Shame too, it's a private garage, there's not supposed to be non residents in it so I never locked it while I was home and I put it in the trunk when I wasn't.

duz
Jul 11, 2005

big crush on Chad OMG posted:

Why bother employing competent QA testers when the public will do it for free and then fawn over you making the changes?

Unrelated:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HePVTmr_CDM

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Yeah, I'm down 5 bars on my '11 Leaf and have been lazily putting off calling in the warranty replacement cause I want that supposed extended range '19.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Goober Peas posted:

And they aren't going to give you a '19 model in exchange even if it were?

I'm totally confused here

I'm talking about purchasing a new car.

Speleothing posted:

Everybody creaming over driver profiles: how am I supposed to reach the touchscreen if my other driver has the seat all the way forward? Or is the seat still operated in the normal way?

A reaching stick.

• Locked thread