Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
I saw a Leaf on the road today and it looks good. The taillights are a bit weird, though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

Groda posted:

You basically don't know what the gently caress you are talking about.

Smart Fortwo: 2.5 - 2.7 m
Kia Soul: 4.1 m
Nissan Cube: 3.7 - 4.0 m

In places without organized parking this is a godsend. That's almost a meter shorter than even the Citroën C1, Peugeot 107 and Toyota Aygo.

In the US it's...

Smart Fortwo: 12490, 34/38 MPG
Kia Soul: 13900, 27/35 MPG
Nissan Cube: 14980, 27/31 MPG

I've actually heard that the Smart gets worse gas mileage than advertised.

Phone fucked around with this message at 20:25 on Jan 22, 2012

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

dissss posted:

Exactly - 34 is a lot better than 27.

Remember its a city car designed to stay in the city so highway mileage is not exactly relevant - if you're worried about the highway numbers its the wrong car to be looking at anyway.

Just using the figures given and the cost of gas when I filled up today ($3.45/gal), the difference between getting 27mpg in the city versus 34mpg is $8. But oh wait, the Smart takes 91+ (R+M/2), so let's recalculate:

Smart at 34MPG with 93 octane fuel for a 300 mile trip: $33.09
Nameless car that gets 27MPG off of 87 octane over 300 miles: $38.33

So over the course of a year, we're looking at about a $260 dollars savings for driving an absolutely god awful car that doesn't achieve said 34MPG in the city.

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
Leaf: 3354 lbs
F10: 3582 - 4034 lbs

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
BMW released another press kit for the City Evolution maxi scooter. I am really itching for details on it. :smith:

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
I was phone posting (heh) earlier, but here is a more in-depth post.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gDq8qZjZD1k

Stats/features:
- ABS
- Traction Control/Stability
- Heated grips
- 8kWH battery
- 100km/62mi mixed use range
- 11kW motor (15hp) that can burst up to 35kW (47hp)
- 53 lb-ft of torques
- 75mph top speed

If they would only release a price!! :negative:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

Godholio posted:

Our government had a program where you got paid to have your old car's engine destroyed as a way of promoting fuel efficiency. Nobody making these decisions gives a gently caress about people who enjoy cars or bikes.

This. It's a percentage of a percentage of actual enthusiasts.

• Locked thread