Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ChrisAsmadi
Apr 19, 2007
:D
Might want to mention that the Xyboards are still called the Xoom 2 and Xoom 2 Media Edition (for the 10 and 8 inch versions, respectively) in Europe (or at least the UK) in the OP.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ChrisAsmadi
Apr 19, 2007
If I connect a USB Mass Storage Drive to my Xoom WiFi via a USB Female-Female adapter, will the OS actually recognize it? Or will I need an additional app for it? Or will it outright not work?

ChrisAsmadi
Apr 19, 2007
Alright, so my Xoom (original, WiFi Only, 32GB, EU) finally updated to ICS. It's rather nice, but there's a few new quirks it introduced that I don't like much.

First, for some reason the lock screen doesn't obey the screen rotation setting, and keeps rotating even though it's set to not rotate. Second, I can't see an option to change the lock screen shortcuts. Is there any way to change these?

ChrisAsmadi
Apr 19, 2007
So I'm finally looking to replace my Nexus 7 (2012) due to Christmas money, wear and tear and the fact that within the last month it's started running like total poo poo if it's left on for more than a day, and for some reason every tablet in my price range has added software I don't want (the Fire tablets/Tesco Hudls), is from some company I've never heard of or has an Intel Atom CPU.

I'm just wondering, am I likely to run into any issues using Android on an x86 CPU compared to my N7?

ChrisAsmadi
Apr 19, 2007

Nintendo Kid posted:

What is your price range exactly? What I'm hearing is that you might not be able to afford something that actually outperforms your old tablet.

About £130-150, but at this point anything is likely to outperform it because it's running like trash.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ChrisAsmadi
Apr 19, 2007

Kerbtree posted:

The Hudl2 is drat near stock android. Use another launcher, disable tesco apps. Done!
Mine runs like a champ.

Does that get rid of the stupid Tesco button on the Home screen?

Pyroxene Stigma posted:

That's a software issue, likely. Did you upgrade to lollipop? 5.0 is broken and you need 5.0.2, which is available to download and manually flash. Makes the tablet usable again so well I'm shocked they haven't pushed it to OTA.

It's on 4.4.4 with no updates available.

ChrisAsmadi fucked around with this message at 14:07 on Dec 27, 2014