Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Chubby Henparty
Aug 13, 2007

TheFluff posted:

(moved from the general Android thread)

The only other really rugged alternatives I've seen are some Chinese minor brand thing called the Oukitel RT1/2/3, but they seem, well, pretty janky, and they're not that cheap either. Any other suggestions I should be looking at? Just being rugged is actually enough, the GNSS stuff I can research myself.

My boy has an Oukitel 1? because it was cheaper than everything else with a 10k battery, has the rubber case and pre installed screen film, and has a sim slot so he can WhatsApp us. He uses it for roblox and minecraft and it seems fine.

The only jank so far has been that it didn't like nova launcher, but the stock ui is ok, and it didn't like an old sd card, but I haven't bothered to check which side was the problem.

If you want to know about any specifics let me know and I'll try out the workman apps etc

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chubby Henparty
Aug 13, 2007

It's the RT1, running Android 11, security update 5 May 2022.

It should be entry 4555 at the end of that spreadsheet, hope thats useful for you?

And yes the screen gets sticky as all hell but screen wipes mostly do the job...