Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!
If I'm generally pleased with my 2019 (9th Gen) Fire HD10, how is the 2021 (11th Gen) Fire HD10 Plus?

Was thinking about picking up one on BF deal and giving my old one to a friend who weirdly reluctant to try out Android tablets despite being in the Android ecosystem for phone.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

MarcusSA posted:

Yeah and it doesn’t take long to get things up and running either.

https://youtu.be/Z9vwFKoFcLo

You don't even need to do all this. There's 1 setting box to tick and you can just download the apks for Google Play. No extra PC software/connection needed.

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!
How do the speaker docks generally sound?

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

Rap Game Goku posted:

Given its size, I'm going to guess approximately the same as the Nest Hub or the Nest speakers.

Is that good... or bad?

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!
Thinking about replacing my Fire HD 10. Any suggestions sub-$300 with decent build quality? The Fire has been an absolute tank, which I've needed for the various times I've dozed off and dropped it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

Yeah. An ad for that got me thinking, but I was just seeing if anything else fit the bill, or if I wait for the new fire to hit a sale.