Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

El_Matarife
Sep 28, 2002
Swype is pretty busted on the Galaxy Tab 10.1 in the browser app. Anyone know if it's easy to sideload a newer beta APK or something like that? The Swype beta site says not to do it but I wonder if that's just liability / support issues and it will work just fine.

Is there any decent list of tablet optimized apps? I know some Android forum had a list a while back, but I'm wondering if there's a better way now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

El_Matarife
Sep 28, 2002

Vaporware posted:

This swype bug drives me crazy, I thought I was fat fingering things for a whole day.

The only good news is that Opera and Firefox work just fine. The bad news is that Swype is pointing fingers at Samsung and god knows when they will fix it.

El_Matarife
Sep 28, 2002
Ok so I'm playing with a ZTE Optik tablet on Sprint. Sprint is selling them for 99 cents to business users as an end of quarter deal, with a $20 per month for 1Gb data plan. It's a pretty tiny, thin 7 inch tablet but Swype is even buggier than it is on the Galaxy Tab.

I don't know what's going on with Swype on Honeycomb but it sure makes me want to slash my wrists. It's slow, it's slightly unstable, and it's putting spaces where I don't want them and doing the whole "Overwrite the last two characters" thing in the browser.

El_Matarife
Sep 28, 2002

Kynetx posted:

What's a "business user"? I have a business license, does that count?

Do you have a Sprint business sales rep, or are you a member of the Jack Miller Buying Program? I think that's how it is classified.