Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

McLarenF1 posted:

So is the consensus that the next big flop will be the Asus 7 inch Tegra 3 1200 x 800 Memo Pad?

Anyone have a clue when this thing will release? I'd imaging several months just because it's pretty much exactly what I'm looking for.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
I sent my Xoom off to Verizon to get the 4g upgrade today (put that off far too long). Any chance they will put ICS on it for me? Also, what's the average turnaround on the upgrade?

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
I want to try out another tablet (currently have a Xoom, not satisfied with size/weight).

I'm torn between the Samsung 7" and the Samsung 8.9". What would you guys recommend? I use it for a little bit of everything.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

letsgoflyers81 posted:

Go to Best Buy or another store that has floor models you can play with. I've spent time with my brother's 7 inch Nook Color, my 10 inch iPad 2 and TouchPad, and I've played with a Galaxy Tab 8.9. Of all of the sizes, the 8.9 felt the best to me. Big enough for watching video but smaller and lighter and less unwieldy. But with anything else, it's subjective so check them out and go with what feels best to you.

The problem for me is I'm 100 miles from a Best Buy/place that carries either. I'll probably just order the 8.9" and if I don't like it I can send it back.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

letsgoflyers81 posted:

Gotcha. What I can say is that the Galaxy Tab 10.1 is thinner and lighter than what you're used to with the Xoom. So just scale that down a little more to 9 inches and there's the 8.9. The one thing to keep in mind is that it's a dual core Tegra 2 and the quad core Tegra 3 tablets are starting to come out. But if size is the main determining factor, I'd go with the Tab 8.9.

What Tegra 3 tablets are available now or just around the corner? No real hurry for me to change but I don't want to wait months. I really like the sounds of that 7" Asus but I seriously doubt we see that any time soon.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
Took the plunge on the Samsung 8.9. Should tide me over for a while. I should be able to recoup some money when I get my Xoom back from Verizon.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
I got my Xoom back from getting the 4g update. Nothing really to report since I don't live in a 4g area or have data active on it right now. They did however throw in a standard dock. My 8.9 tab should be here Monday so I should know soon enough if I want to ditch the Xoom.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
My 8.9" Tab came in yesterday and I played with it for a couple hours last night. It performs evenly with my Xoom but the weight and size make it so much better to use. I'm pretty sure the Xoom will be going up for sale very shortly since the Tab does everything I need it to. I like the stock Honeycomb over Samsung's touchwiz or whatever they use but it's not horrible. It's just amazing how light this thing is compared to the Xoom.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

Codiusprime posted:

Well, my first Galaxy Tab PLUS had a big ole dead pixel in the middle of the screen so Amazon overnighted me a new one and I'm loving this thing. 7 inches is still my favorite tablet size and 3.2 ain't bad at all, if Samsung ever sees fit to upgrade it to ICS it will be even better.

I almost went with the 7" and really did like it but I ended up with the 8.9" and am loving it. It just feels so much better in my hands compared to my Xoom.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
Is there any plan for Samsung to upgrade the Tab 8.9 to ICS?