Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Just-In-Timeberlake
Aug 18, 2003

atehist posted:

I know I'm stuck with a broken and useless piece of poo poo device. I'm not even going to bother trying to deal with Asus/Google as literally no one would believe me about a screen breaking on its own.

There's no harm in trying, you should at least give it a shot.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Just-In-Timeberlake
Aug 18, 2003

Syrinxx posted:

I think a case could be made if the damage was from temperature, like if it sat in the sun or on top of an A/C vent or something. Certainly worth a try.

This. It's not unheard of. I was in a buddy's car in winter time and the sunroof pretty much exploded shortly after the car warmed up.

Just-In-Timeberlake
Aug 18, 2003

atehist posted:

It did get incredibly humid and hot today in a relatively short period of time, but I would have hoped that Google's Flagship Tablet wouldn't be susceptible to non-extreme temperature variations.

I got off the phone with Asus and opened a ticket with them. The person on the phone basically stated that all I could do was open a ticket, send it in, and go from there, where I am assuming it will promptly get rejected due to a crack. Hooray.

Well look at it this way, if you don't try you're 100% guaranteed to not get a replacement for free, this way you're maybe only at 95%.

Just-In-Timeberlake
Aug 18, 2003

computers posted:

Wash your hands.

Seriously

Just-In-Timeberlake
Aug 18, 2003

Kynetx posted:

Ok, what? You wash your hands so obsessively that you leave no prints? With your hands so dry, how can you grip anything?

Ziji posted:

It's annoying that the really nice, smooth feeling of the glass is now the lovely feeling of having my fingers catch onto the screen and stop.

There is a difference in normal skin oil on your screen and this. The difference being if the detritus from your skin is causing friction to the point of stopping your finger from moving.

Just-In-Timeberlake
Aug 18, 2003

Biggest human being Ever posted:

I've been looking at some very cheap tablet options and I'm wondering if those cheap china tablets are worth a drat, specifically this one:

http://www.pandawill.com/teclast-p85-dual-core-tablet-pc-hd-screen-8-inch-android-40-1g-ram-16gb-hdmi-camera-p65201.html

The price difference to the N7 is actually 85 USD in my country and I wonder if this would be decent enough, if all I'm looking for is web browsing, video calls and playing words with friends.

Get an N7

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Just-In-Timeberlake
Aug 18, 2003

IT Guy posted:

Most of your arguments assume the user is a mouth breather. Not everything has to be spoon fed with giant arrows saying "click this you loving moron".

Considering your username and avatar you should know better