Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

eddiewalker
Apr 28, 2004

Arrrr ye landlubber

C-Euro posted:

I have a Transformer running 3.2.1. Earlier today I received a notification that there was a system update available, but since I was working with my tablet I decided to wait until I got home from work to update. Now that I'm home the update notification is gone and I can't seem to get it back; I checked for updates using the Settings menu and I even rebooted the tablet to see if it would pop up. Did I gently caress myself out of ICS or something?

Settings>About Tablet>Update

ICS isn't up from Asus for the tf101 yet. Build 21 of android 3.2.1 is the newest officially available.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

eddiewalker
Apr 28, 2004

Arrrr ye landlubber
Another homerun by Asus PR, asking "What do you love the most about Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich?" on their facebook. (They've been bumping back vague release estimates for the original Transformer since like mid-December, and the Prime update has had a number of notable bugs.)

I still like my TF101, i just wish they'd quit making big promises.

http://www.facebook.com/ASUS/posts/325697007473704

eddiewalker
Apr 28, 2004

Arrrr ye landlubber

Duckman2008 posted:

Gah, why is my transformer not finding an update?

Do you have stock recovery and the most recent (.21) build of honeycomb?

eddiewalker
Apr 28, 2004

Arrrr ye landlubber

Dodoman posted:

ICS is...so...drat...sexy :love:. Still a few bugs here and there, but overall a much more pleasant experience than Honeycomb.

I love the browser. Somehow it even does things I'd expect to be base system functions like selecting text, copying and pasting better than Dolphin does on ICS.

Unfortunately I just had a "sleep of death" that I could only solve by forcing into recovery mode and choosing to cold boot. Not looking good for tf101 ICS.

eddiewalker
Apr 28, 2004

Arrrr ye landlubber
Should my original Transformer be able to sleep for a couple of days on a full charge? Before ICS the tablet was still a new toy that I gave a full battery worth of use most days. Since ICS, if I leave it in my bag for a day or two, the device will be dead when I grab it.

I'm assuming this is a new problem, but since I never left it off the charger for long periods before updating, I can't be sure.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

eddiewalker
Apr 28, 2004

Arrrr ye landlubber
I bought an “alldocube iplay 50 pro nfe” for $130 off Aliexpress. The speaker sucks, but it runs pretty well and I’m really enjoying an 8” travel tablet.

A full size iPad is too big to pull out casually, but this is a nice size for holding with 1 hand.

…do i need to worry about my data on a weird Chinese tablet? Do I need to flash a custom rom or something?