Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Vaporware
May 22, 2004

Still not here yet.

El_Matarife posted:

Swype is pretty busted on the Galaxy Tab 10.1 in the browser app. Anyone know if it's easy to sideload a newer beta APK or something like that? The Swype beta site says not to do it but I wonder if that's just liability / support issues and it will work just fine.

Is there any decent list of tablet optimized apps? I know some Android forum had a list a while back, but I'm wondering if there's a better way now.

This swype bug drives me crazy, I thought I was fat fingering things for a whole day.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vaporware
May 22, 2004

Still not here yet.
I thought the S-pen was a wacom stylus with pressure sensitivity?

Vaporware
May 22, 2004

Still not here yet.
I have a tab 10.1 from work and would very much like the 10.1 Note upgrade.

That's really only because I didn't have to purchase the current tablet I'm using.

Vaporware
May 22, 2004

Still not here yet.

GreatKesh posted:

Android needs to stop stuttering. My iPod touch 3 doesn't stutter on ios 5, but my transformer stuttered for the day I had it, my mums sg2 stutters too.

I'll see if ics makes it better when I get my tablet back this afternoon but honestly it's a big turn off. It's probably the reason iPads sell over android tablets

I suppose since google doesn't have any sort of meaningful control over the hardware there's no one to say "don't release that galaxy tab while it still has input lag. It makes us and you look bad."