Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Doghouse
Oct 22, 2004

I was playing Harvest Moon 64 with this kid who lived on my street and my cows were not doing well and I got so raged up and frustrated that my eyes welled up with tears and my friend was like are you crying dude. Are you crying because of the cows. I didn't understand the feeding mechanic.
Is there actually going to be a usable version of ICS from Cyanogen Mod for the Nook Color any time soon?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doghouse
Oct 22, 2004

I was playing Harvest Moon 64 with this kid who lived on my street and my cows were not doing well and I got so raged up and frustrated that my eyes welled up with tears and my friend was like are you crying dude. Are you crying because of the cows. I didn't understand the feeding mechanic.

Jerk McJerkface posted:

I loved my Nook Color running an ICS ROM. It was super usable, and even my non-technical wife found it good to use, and liked it. There were no usability issues, except the sleep of death bug that only happened if you shut if off with wifi on, but even that took about eight to nine hours to kill the battery. I realize that's sort of a :goonsay: thing, but at $150 you could do a lot worse.

EDIT: Full disclosure, I did sell both of my Nook Colors, but that wasn't because I didn't like them. My wife has an iPhone, so I figured I'd get her an iPad2 to compliment that, so she didn't have to buy apps twice. And I only used my Nook to watch TV and movies on the train to work, times when I should be doing other things, so I got rid of it to remove the distraction.

ICS is working for the Nook Color? :psyduck: Can you point me to this?

Doghouse
Oct 22, 2004

The new update for cm7 on the nook color is awesome. It's super zippy and stable and the NC is dirt cheap for anyone looking for a tablet without spending a lot (I think it's 169 now?). I would now recommend it without reservation.

Doghouse
Oct 22, 2004

Android Tablet Thread: Don't Be a Jerk, Buy Your Mom an iPad

Doghouse
Oct 22, 2004

Are there any good 10 inch tablets that are 300ish or less? The wife has decided she wants to sell her laptop and get an android tablet, since her use has been pretty casual and she loves her android phone.

Doghouse fucked around with this message at 00:21 on May 7, 2014

Doghouse
Oct 22, 2004

My wife wants a decent 10 inch android tablet at a decent price. Is there such a thing? I haven't been following so closely but it seems like it's been "nexus 7 or bust" for a while. Which doesn't help me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doghouse
Oct 22, 2004

Is the asus transformer TF103C any good? Is there anything better at that size and price?