Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hughlander
May 11, 2005

Argh. Finally have a Transformer Prime on it's way from newegg. Won't get there till Tuesday, so last few days I've been looking for the dock. Yesterday, Bestbuy had them in stock about 40 miles south. To far, but figured if they were still in stock I'd take a long lunch on Monday and get it. Checked again today, it's in stock about 20 miles away near where I was going anyway. Start ordering it, in store pickup today, get to the last confirmation screen and it's now in store pickup 2/3. I'm leaving 2/2 on vacation. (Coincidentally checking best buy for where I'll be on vacation 4 stores have them in stock now.)

Hopefully someone will get them in stock this week. Fry's doesn't even have the dock in their inventory system!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hughlander
May 11, 2005

Rastor posted:

Several of us are happy Prime owners. Two of us (not me though) needed to return their first one.

Test it thoroughly, if you got one without the issues I think you will like it a lot (unless you want to use GPS).

I just got mine, can you list what sort of tests I should do?

Hughlander
May 11, 2005

dissss posted:

There is no way any current tablet is going to be of any use that far down the line. Ten years is a long time for tech - go and check how usable a G4 Powerbook is today.

You can expect an iPad 3 to last a year longer than an iPad 2 not any more than that.

That may just be restricted to tablets and other non-upgradable items though. I usually get 5-6 years out of gaming computers by buying top of the line tech when there's an evolutionary breakthrough then upgrading the video card mid cycle and skipping at least a full upgrade path if not two over someone who buys mid range every 2-3 years.

Hughlander
May 11, 2005

Colonel Sanders posted:

I am thinking about getting a tablet that I can use as a remote control, would really like one with built in IR. So far I only know of two tablets with built in IR, the Sony Tablet S ($399, 9.4" playstation games) and the Samsung Galaxy Tab 7.0 Plus ($299, 7", Peel remote). I would also really like to control my PS3 without shelling out for the PS3 blu-ray remote, I have no idea if peel or the sony can do that. I am pretty much certain I should not get the Sony tablet because it is more expensive and I really don't care about the screen size difference.

The stock PS3 doesn't use IR for it's remote, it uses BluTooth... http://phandroid.com/2011/02/28/use-your-android-device-as-a-bluetooth-input-device-for-the-ps3-video/ is about a possible app for android to use it's blutooth for ps3 videos...