Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nannypea
Feb 20, 2006

Faster, you naughty little monkey!
Wireless Trip Report:

I took my Prime with me to the local hospital today while I waiting on my husband. I hooked both my phone and prime to the free WiFi. I had 3 bars on both. I had no with problems the signal anywhere. Looks like it might not be as bad as feared.

Fake Edit:

I got the Blurex from Amazon http://www.amazon.com/BLUREX-Leather-folio-Multi-Angle-Transformer/dp/B006VX96GO/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1327518671&sr=8-1
I do not recall paying that much for it.

I also picked up a Just AIR case to use for the Prime + keyboard dock http://www.amazon.com/Just-Air-Case-Ipad-Pink/dp/B005GOINLS/ref=pd_vtp_e_1

I got it at Staples for 1/2 price. I picked an extra black one if anyone is interested.

Nannypea fucked around with this message at 20:15 on Jan 25, 2012

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nannypea
Feb 20, 2006

Rastor posted:

Indoors? Pardon but I'm a little doubtful. Note that you can't just check your location on Google Maps, since it will get an accurate fix from the Wifi network; to really test the GPS reception you need to use an app such as GPS Test.

I haven't used anything like GPS test but I have no problem with the Prime locating itself inside a building. What I have had a problem with is in a moving vehicle. As long as it was stationary it's good but moving it's not worth a crap.

Nannypea
Feb 20, 2006

Just an FYI for how this can be/has been used. A few years ago I dined in a very nice, upscale resturant in Vegas. The wine menu was large. So large in fact that it was presented on a tablet. We were able to go through the menu by type/flavor/price. It was amazing. This would not have worked had it been hooked up to a computer or if it had a lovely battery.

A great use of a tablet and of someone thinking outside of the box.

Nannypea
Feb 20, 2006

Just got the jelly bean update for the Transformer Prime and it broke/bricked the Prime. Did the download, install, and hangs at restart. Anyone had this issue?

Nannypea
Feb 20, 2006

illicitporpoises posted:

Can you reboot into recovery (Power + Volume Down)? A cold boot, or as a last resort a factory reset, might help.

Tried that, ended up calling Asus and getting an RMA for it. No telling how long it's going to be gone. :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nannypea
Feb 20, 2006

zer0spunk posted:

Weird..Did you get a red triangle error screen?

I just switched out a 201 with a 700. Updating the 201 failed before I swapped with that triangle error. Was rooted but not unlocked. Didn't unroot or factory reset before the JB update, same routine as the HC to ICS update. When the update failed from mismatch somewhere it just reset and reverted back to 4.0.3..

With the 700, I made sure to temp unroot and revert my hosts file, everything else was stock in the build.prop, no apps frozen etc etc.

This time, on the 700, no issues.. JB update went smooth.

My steps:
-add SuperSU, allow it to update the su binary
-temp unroot in OTA root keeper
-revert hosts file
-update OS
-re enable root/su with root keeper

I'm not seeing much a difference between ICS and JB on the 700 to be honest.

edit:
but the new notification system is pretty spiffy
face unlock now has a blink option to prevent use of a photo of you to unlock..smart.
google now was a bit confusing..there's no actual app icon or anything in settings so I wasn't sure how to activate it..just need to do a voice search and then open settings and there's an option to turn on now..digging it so far, but I'd rather have it on a phone like everyone else has pointed out..
kinda cool to be able to say google what's the wind speed in new york? and have it bring up a weather map and tell me out loud the current wind speed and direction..

No red triangle error, no error at all. It died while trying to restart after downloading & installing the update. Got to the initial ASUS screen and hung. Nothing I did/tried could get it to move from that point. Couldn't even turn it off. Maybe they will send me a 700 back for my troubles.