Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

feller
Jul 5, 2006

Unless you need MS Office

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

feller
Jul 5, 2006

Ka0 posted:

I was just given a galaxy tab 2 10.1. I'll admit I never requested such thing nor do I have a smartphone. What truly intrigues me is the possibility of using it in class as a learning tool; I teach languages at different institutes. Most of my class materials and props take up plenty of space in my office and in my flat. This thing is quite compact; it's about half the size and weight of my laptop.

Is it a good tablet? I don't care much about playing games or surfing the web while snowboarding, I just need something portable to hold pdfs, images, have word processing applications. Of course it's nice that it has a camera and speakers. It just seems odd that everyone worships the nexus, I feel as if I got a bad gift.

People recommend the Nexus because it's great value for the money. Your Tab, for 0 dollars, is an even better value.

It'll be more than fine.

feller
Jul 5, 2006

Yeah definitely at least check out the nook HD+. It's a great deal.

feller
Jul 5, 2006

berzerkmonkey posted:

Personally, I'm going to dual-boot from SD, but that's only so I can have the ability to watch Amazon Prime videos. I figure that's a rare enough occasion though, hence the SD route.

Can you tell me how this works? I'd love to watch amazon prime videos on my device.