Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

Slavvy posted:

I wanted to ask how this can possibly be true then I remembered India.

Hopefully once their socio-economic situation comes right they'll graduate to normal sports where poo poo actually happens in a timely manner.

You mean T20 cricket?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

whiter than a Wilco show
Mar 30, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
More like cricket max maximum kick no sugar

Moo Cowabunga
Jun 15, 2009

[Office Worker.

BIG BASH WOOOOOOOO

Binkenstein
Jan 18, 2010

No internet at my new flat because Chorus can't hook me up until the 14th (I spoke to Snap about moving before New Years). Slow fuckers.

Smithersnz
May 10, 2005

We freaked out yesterday. Let's just freak in tonight
Soiled Meat

Binkenstein posted:

No internet at my new flat because Chorus can't hook me up until the 14th (I spoke to Snap about moving before New Years). Slow fuckers.

My UFB should be hooked up today, I organised it on the 22nd of December, so that's fairly quick. My work fibre is still not hooked up though, and I booked that in July 2014. Good times.

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free

Binkenstein posted:

Hey pro tip: don't ever use Spark for anything ever.

Moo Cowabunga
Jun 15, 2009

[Office Worker.

Hehe, spark.

Moo Cowabunga
Jun 15, 2009

[Office Worker.

:byodood:NEVER STOP STARTING NEVER FINISH ANYTHING NOTHING EVER GETS DONE :byodood: spark hehe

bobbilljim
May 29, 2013

this christmas feels like the very first christmas to me
:shittydog::shittydog::shittydog:
chorus is as much of a shitshow as spark also they are totally fully separated already 4 sho

Pararoid
Dec 6, 2005

Te Waipounamu pride
Bugger Voadafone for putting the price on their cable service up to match the increases people using the chorus network are seeing. It just seems really low.

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free

bobbilljim posted:

chorus is as much of a shitshow as spark also they are totally fully separated already 4 sho

We had to put up a cardboard wall up to block the Spark people from seeing Chrous screens when they came in to get some doccuments.

loving lamo.

bobbilljim
May 29, 2013

this christmas feels like the very first christmas to me
:shittydog::shittydog::shittydog:
lmfao. those computer systems are probably still mutually accessible, just a guess though

Torka
Jan 5, 2008

BARONS CYBER SKULL posted:

We had to put up a cardboard wall up to block the Spark people from seeing Chrous screens when they came in to get some doccuments.

loving lamo.

lol

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

The experience over the years
of nothing getting better
only worse.

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

Free speech: only free because it's punishable by death.

That makes no loving sense what the loving gently caress.

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free
France is one of the most horrifically racist countries in the world to Muslims and constantly attempts to restrict their freedom of religion.

I'm actually amazed this didn't happen sooner, or that it wasn't worse than how bad it already was, which is a amazingly depressing sign of the way the world is right now.

RIP

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

France is one of the most horrifically racist countries in the world to Muslims and constantly attempts to restrict their freedom of religion.

I'm actually amazed this didn't happen sooner, or that it wasn't worse than how bad it already was, which is a amazingly depressing sign of the way the world is right now.

RIP

The only thing you're wrong about is the bolded part. The world is not just like this right now. It has been like this since the first civilizations arose millennia ago. Nothing is different. We do not live in a 'bad' age in the sense that our era is no more horrific than the entirety of human history up to this point. The ideal of peace and tolerance that we all supposedly strive for has literally never existed and is completely hypothetical. Like the higgs-boson, we may one day contrive a device that can replicate the phenomenon but you'll never see it in the wild on a large scale.

whiter than a Wilco show
Mar 30, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

RIP

"Muslim" is not a race. There is no set of physiological traits passed down genetically that makes someone Muslim. Just a choice to believe in a particular ontological system.

dusty
Nov 30, 2004

Slavvy posted:

The world is not just like this right now. It has been like this since the first civilizations arose millennia ago. Nothing is different. We do not live in a 'bad' age in the sense that our era is no more horrific than the entirety of human history up to this point.

Idiocy. We've never had it so good. http://stevenpinker.com/publications/better-angels-our-nature

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free

Infotainment! posted:

"Muslim" is not a race. There is no set of physiological traits passed down genetically that makes someone Muslim. Just a choice to believe in a particular ontological system.

Yeah I phrased it wrong i was phoneposting and couldn't remember what the word was for someone who persecutes someone entirely based off their religion while also being racist to anyone not white.

I guess it's called being french :haw:

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

only worse.

Infotainment! posted:

It's treated like a race by Islamophobes. When people are targeted for their dress, or because they're Arabic or Persian, the line gets blurred so far as to being meaningless. Just look at that moron Richard Prosser, wanted to ban anyone who "looks Muslim" from flying

whiter than a Wilco show
Mar 30, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

Exclamation Marx posted:

It's treated like a race by Islamophobes. When people are targeted for their dress, or because they're Arabic or Persian, the line gets blurred so far as to being meaningless. Just look at that moron Richard Prosser, wanted to ban anyone who "looks Muslim" from flying

Why on earth would you let the people you disagree with set the terms of argument like that though? "Sorry I am honor bound to use an ignorance level matching my opponent".

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

only worse.
When Islamophobic arguments are the same as racist ones, they might as well be the same thing. Its only basis is arbitrary and ignorant anyway – Irish people used to not be white!

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

Infotainment! posted:

Yeah nah, it isn't really a choice when you're told from childhood that god is real and you'll suffer forever if you don't do XYZ and that people who don't do XYZ are completely different and bad compared to you. That poo poo is extremely difficult to overcome and most people just never make the psychological leap. For a lot of religious people it's like telling them that fire doesn't actually burn you; they feel like every fiber of their being is screaming at them that you're wrong because their formative years were spent in the presence of slightly crazy people. Religious extremism is just a natural consequence of this. Lots of people are religious and statistically some of them are going to be legit loopy and want an excuse to kill people and spew hate.

stevenpinker.com posted:

This gripping book is sure to be among the most debated of the century so far.

Lolllll

Exclamation Marx posted:

When Islamophobic arguments are the same as racist ones, they might as well be the same thing. Its only basis is arbitrary and ignorant anyway – Irish people used to not be white!

I give you my word as a spaniard that they aren't white.

Slavvy fucked around with this message at 07:15 on Jan 8, 2015

Kathleen
Feb 26, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Smithersnz posted:

My UFB should be hooked up today, I organised it on the 22nd of December, so that's fairly quick. My work fibre is still not hooked up though, and I booked that in July 2014. Good times.

No FTTP where I live until 2016 :reject:

Moo Cowabunga
Jun 15, 2009

[Office Worker.

I don't even have vdsl

ledge
Jun 10, 2003

I only got ADSL2 in the past 6 months and it is only vaguely faster than plain old DSL.

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free
Again, please do not ever give Spark money for anything.

oohhboy
Jun 8, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Again, please do not ever give Spark money for anything.

Too late. I must be one of the lucky few to get good service out of them.

Ratios and Tendency
Apr 23, 2010

:swoon: MURALI :swoon:

Most racism is actually about culture.

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

only worse.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EAhfHwfos7I&t=78s

WarpedNaba
Feb 8, 2012

Being social makes me swell!
Sure is the picture of dismay. them two.

WarpedNaba
Feb 8, 2012

Being social makes me swell!
Looks like I might be getting a job in Silverdale. Anyone know a good place to flat near there?

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free

WarpedNaba posted:

Looks like I might be getting a job in Silverdale. Anyone know a good place to flat near there?

Hamilton?

Don't flat in Silverdale.

The Rabbi T. White
Jul 17, 2008

WarpedNaba posted:

Pretty much your only choice is Albany, which is now little South Africa. Enjoy your racist, right wing neighbours.

dusty
Nov 30, 2004

https://twitter.com/B3nRaching3r

Ben's obviously been bored and has been finding things to occupy his time.

quote:

Benjamin @B3nRaching3r · 46m 46 minutes ago

Think Rawshark will come out of retirement soon. Wonder what they've managed to put together?

quote:

Benjamin @B3nRaching3r · 32m 32 minutes ago

Message to the people who'll know what I'm talking about. I'm willing to show the people everything. Are you? ;-) Shall we?

quote:

Benjamin @B3nRaching3r · 24m 24 minutes ago

So which establishment hero should I shine the light on first?
Journalist?
Politician?
Blogger?
Cop?
So much choice.

quote:

Benjamin ‏@B3nRaching3r

Ok, we all remember the Hager Raid? And how it was reported first by a certain journalist? Where'd you get that info from @mizjwilliams?

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

only worse.
that dude claims to be rawshark, and is also a wanker

dusty
Nov 30, 2004

I missed his supposed transgression. Was it all that?

Benjamin ‏@B3nRaching3r posted:

Probably get arrested for all this but it'll be my privilege.

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

only worse.
just the stuff that comes to mind when you think 'post-ideological' techno libertarian

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nude Bog Lurker
Jan 2, 2007
Fun Shoe
Cool, Rachinger's got on board the Let's Be Crap To Jessica Williams train.

• Locked thread