Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
dusty
Nov 30, 2004

Nude Bog Lurker posted:

Cool, Rachinger's got on board the Let's Be Crap To Jessica Williams train.

Your version of being crap to someone must be different than mine

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Moo Cowabunga
Jun 15, 2009

[Office Worker.

Who?

dusty
Nov 30, 2004

Radio Live reporter and twitter darling @mizjwilliams

Unsure who the gently caress would ever get their news from Radio Live, but here we are

voiceless anal fricative
May 6, 2007

haha radio live are one of the few decent media outlets in NZ, and by far the furthest to the left

whats with your hate of them? Also your apparent hatred of women in general.

dusty
Nov 30, 2004

fong posted:

haha radio live are one of the few decent media outlets in NZ, and by far the furthest to the left

whats with your hate of them? Also your apparent hatred of women in general.

Goodness, here's me not even wearing my wifebeater.

Though I'll have to disagree with you on the merits of Radio Live. Plunkett, Garner, and the double team of Ali Mau and Willie Jackson don't strike me as the heavyweights of leftwing journalism, but to each their own.

Suspect if you heard Mary Wilson running in top gear you'd poo poo your pants.

voiceless anal fricative
May 6, 2007

Oh whoops, I get them confused with RadioNZ. You're right~

dusty
Nov 30, 2004

Not many people under 30 listen to NatRad tho. Worrying trend :ohdear:

bobbilljim
May 29, 2013

this christmas feels like the very first christmas to me
:shittydog::shittydog::shittydog:

BARONS CYBER SKULL posted:

Again, please do not ever give Spark money for anything.

Vandalseed
Jun 21, 2013

Bringdowner
http://www.stuff.co.nz/waikato-times/64818950/Policeman-of-40-years-pleads-guilty-to-stealing-iPhone-for-wife

Pig steals a $900 device, the system does not let him down.

Thoughts?

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free

He's not even getting jail time. Imagine if he was a Maori teen.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

I think it's pretty hilarious that they're nailing him on the iphone rather than the multiple weapons.

I don't really see any harm in distributing, say, an ipod that was marked for destruction after not being claimed in lost and found, but thinking you have the authority to nick things from court cases and having a sustained history of stealing from your workplace should be a red flag on the kind of service you've provided for 40 years.

voiceless anal fricative
May 6, 2007

I dont know, according to the judge that was a fairly harsh sentence. He did take into account that this guy was a 60yo police officer and not some "youngster".

Lobsterpillar
Feb 4, 2014

fong posted:

I dont know, according to the judge that was a fairly harsh sentence. He did take into account that this guy was a 60yo police officer and not some "youngster".

The judge probably considered that him losing his job would be part of his punishment.

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free

fong posted:

Yeah instead of the mistakes of youth he had 60 years of life and 40 of being a cop to know right from wrong.

Torka
Jan 5, 2008

Yeah instead of the mistakes of youth he had 60 years of life and 40 of being a cop to know right from wrong.

Yeah that was the judge's point I think. I didn't read it as meaning that worked in his favour

voiceless anal fricative
May 6, 2007

At first I thought it had worked in his favour, but the judge made that statement in response to the cop's lawyer asking basically for special consideration because he was a 60yo cop.

Moo Cowabunga
Jun 15, 2009

[Office Worker.

Didn't click assumed was a crime committed by an actual pig :rolleyes:

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free

Displeased Moo Cow posted:

Didn't click assumed was a crime committed by an actual pig :rolleyes:

And actual pig has a better sense of right and wrong.

Big Bad Beetleborg
Apr 8, 2007

Things may come to those who wait...but only the things left by those who hustle.

Which one is better at disposing of a corpse though?

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

Something something pasture ratio.

voiceless anal fricative
May 6, 2007

mirthdefect posted:

Which one is better at disposing of a corpse though?

Probably an actual pig, still. Why do we even have police?

Moo Cowabunga
Jun 15, 2009

[Office Worker.

I remember having a loving conversation with an American libertarian about 10 years ago about that. Said that police hamper all Liberty and the only true way to be free is to let the unregulated market take its course. Police is also a market.

Moo Cowabunga
Jun 15, 2009

[Office Worker.

Private detectives were ace in his book

El Pollo Blanco
Jun 12, 2013

by sebmojo
I'm ok with contracting out police and judicial services in Auckland to a variety of DROs, the ensuing collection of warring fiefdoms that would arise in the Supercity would make for excellent episodes of (Private) Police 10/7.

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

The experience over the years
of nothing getting better
only worse.
Ian Fletcher has resigned

wonder what heinous poo poo he's done that would've been a sackable offence otherwise

exmarx fucked around with this message at 01:58 on Jan 13, 2015

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

El Pollo Blanco posted:

I'm ok with contracting out police and judicial services in Auckland to a variety of DROs, the ensuing collection of warring fiefdoms that would arise in the Supercity would make for excellent episodes of (Private) Police 10/7.

"
Manurewa police officers were involved in a shoot-out with Trans-Pukekohe-Region officers in a border dispute, killing eight, early this morning. The skirmish erupted when a man was seen urinating on a stop sign In Drury early last night. Both providers despatched officers to investigate...

..Bystanders report a brief altercation followed by several rapid gunshots; by 9:30 additional police cars arrived at the scene, resulting in a brief battle with small arms. Some witnesses state grenade reports were heard. By dawn a tense four-hour stand-off...

...Trans-Pukekohe police head-office public relations officer stated 'We do not know what caused the incident last night but we are investigating with all our resources. At this stage all we can confirm is that four officers have been killed and their families notified by text message. Our investigation is proceeding right at this moment.' Manurewa police head office could not be reached for comment.

...Twitter followers have been quick to condemn the violence. One twitter user said 'rewahard @NZstuff Its not cool eh they shud leave that for the rugby field.' Others echoed this sentiment...

"

voiceless anal fricative
May 6, 2007

Exclamation Marx posted:

Ian Fletcher has resigned

wonder what heinous poo poo he's done that would've been a sackable offence otherwise

Just before the review starts...

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

only worse.
Whoa that's great

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Really needed to be an awkward three-way kiss between Key, Banks, and Ambrose.

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

Meanwhile, on stuff.

For gently caress's sake.

whiter than a Wilco show
Mar 30, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
Buzzy as

Moo Cowabunga
Jun 15, 2009

[Office Worker.

Good.

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

only worse.

oh for real?

Moo Cowabunga
Jun 15, 2009

[Office Worker.

Who is that man?

swampland
Oct 16, 2007

Dear Mr Cave, if you do not release the bats we will be forced to take legal action
Aren't we all?

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free

Displeased Moo Cow posted:

Who is that man?

Agreed, is that hitler's son? Is he a pedophile?

dusty
Nov 30, 2004

Agreed, is that hitler's son? Is he a pedophile?

Close. He's a catholic.

"Suffer little children come unto me"

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

Sweet halo framing on the photographer's part.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

only worse.
i believe in andrew, the next prime minister of new zealand

• Locked thread