Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Yggdrassil
Mar 11, 2012

RAKANISHU!
I've order the Simon Necronomicon from amazon a few days ago, after reading the Call of Cthulhu and exploring the Lovecraft universe. I wanted to know... what should i expect to find within it? The Mad Arab's story? The spells? Im just curious, because i haven't managed to get much info about it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yggdrassil
Mar 11, 2012

RAKANISHU!
Well it's ok, i do dig those creepy spells anyway :) and there is a small story on the mad arab. We'll see how it turns out to be.

Yggdrassil
Mar 11, 2012

RAKANISHU!
I've just gotten a pair of books to start off;
Necronomicon: The Best Weird Tales
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/0575081570/ref=oh_details_o02_s00_i00
Eldritch Tales: A Miscellany of the Macabre
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/0575099356/ref=oh_details_o02_s00_i01
Im planning on stepping into Poe's works after i finish with this books. Is there any other resource that is worth getting in regard of HP Lovecraft?

Yggdrassil
Mar 11, 2012

RAKANISHU!

Ornamented Death posted:

It sounds like those two collect pretty much all of his fiction and poetry, so you should be good to go. The only other thing I can think of is The Horror in the Museum, which collects stories Lovecraft edited and revised for other people. His level of involvement varies from simple edits to basically re-writing everything. I'm not sure if the stories in here are included in the two volumes you bought, but generally speaking these stories are kept separate from the main body of Lovecraft's work.

To go any farther with Lovecraft, you'd need to start picking up the pricier volumes annotated by Joshi, but frankly unless you're doing a major research paper on HPL, you don't need those.

Perfect :) then i'll get back to reading!