Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Down With People
Oct 31, 2012

The child delights in violence.

Alcholism Rocks posted:

I'm sure it's already been mentioned, but Philip K. Dick has written a few stories that could fall into the realm of (future) cosmic/existential horror.

Some of his short stories have given me nightmares over the years. The short story Faith of Our Fathers seems somewhat cosmic horror-like...

I had a cackling mad, "I-realise-I-can-see-Yog-Sothoth-coming"-type epiphany while reading The Three Stigmata Of Palmer Eldrtich when I realised what the title was referring to. It's not exactly horror and it's got a long build-up (as well as some fairly stodgy prose) but I couldn't put it down.

It also had a surprisingly happy ending, at least in my eyes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Down With People
Oct 31, 2012

The child delights in violence.

Maremidon posted:

He apparently goes by YellowJester on his forums, so I assume he's a King Crimson fan.

He actually said in an interview that 'The Court Of The Crimson King' is his favourite piece of music.