Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Vastarien
Dec 20, 2012

Where I live is nightmare, thus a certain nonchalance.

Buglord

GrandpaPants posted:

Anyone have anything to say about Ligotti's Death Poems? It's up for pre-order on this publisher website, not sure if Amazon will follow suit or not:

http://www.badmoonbooks.com/product.php?productid=3621&cat=0&page=1

It's only 68 pages, though...

It'd be nice to own if you're looking to round off a collection or something. And the new artwork is beautiful. But the actual poems (there's around 40 in all) really don't do anything for me, personally. And, yes, it is incredibly short. I'm a huge Ligotti nut, but for that price, I'd probably pass on it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vastarien
Dec 20, 2012

Buglord
What's the general consensus on T.E.D. Klein's The Ceremonies? I've had it sitting around for a while but I keep putting off reading it. I loved "The Events at Poroth Farm", but none of his other short story stuff does anything for me.

Vastarien
Dec 20, 2012

Buglord
Would anybody recommend Michael Shea's The Color Out of Time (or any of his other novels for that matter)? A while back I read his short story The Autopsy and it absolutely blew me away. Since then I've gotten a few of his other shorts (all of Copping Squid and Other Mythos Tales and a couple others from various anthologies), and while I enjoyed most of them, none of them come even remotely close to being as good as The Autopsy, sadly.

The Color Out of Time is only like $5 on Amazon so I'll probably get it regardless, but I thought I'd see what the consensus is.

Vastarien
Dec 20, 2012

Buglord

fez_machine posted:

The Colour Out of Time is Jaws meets the Colour Out of Space, complete with disbelieving Sheriffs department/holiday makers and intrepid hunters.

That sounds... oddly intriguing. Guess I'll give it a go. Thanks!

Vastarien
Dec 20, 2012

Buglord

Evfedu posted:

How do I get The Autopsy onto my kindle?

You can get it in the Kindle version of the April 2014 copy of Lightspeed Magazine. It's $4. You can find it in various anthologies, but that one is the cheapest that I know of.