Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Deptfordx
Dec 23, 2013

Venusian Weasel posted:

For the life of me, I can't remember a single thing from Dunwich Horror, except for occult academicians chasing a giant wad of intestines across the countryside. I guess that's peak Lovecraft, but since I can't really remember it I can't personally recommend it. Feel free to tell me how wrong I am on this.

The Dunwich Horror is massively important for Lovecraftiana. That story is the inspiration and Trope Zero for the Call of Cthulhu RPG. Regardless of it's quality as a story (I've always liked it), it's had a huge knock-on effect culturally.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Deptfordx
Dec 23, 2013

Yeah, I liked that as well.

Deptfordx
Dec 23, 2013

bagrada posted:

He being Brian Hodge, this was discussed a bit earlier in the thread. The Lost Citadel anthology is now available in pdf for people who backed the game book kickstarter.

If I understand all this right (I'm at work so I can't check into it properly), C.A. Suleiman kickstarted this anthology around 2015. It came out and got some praise here for the Hodge story and others, but it still wasn't available to non-kickstarters. In 2017 they then did another kickstarter for a game book with the anthology as an additional reward. I backed that one since it sounded cool and I wanted the anthology. Suleiman then got accused of sexual harassment in November and was taken off the project. Ari Marmell took over writing the game book and just finished, sending it to editing recently. Meanwhile the anthology was just today released to backers in PDF and has gone to print at Nisaba Press. So presumably it will be available through here at some point. They have one of the stories up on that site for preview but it is one of Marmell's not Hodge's. Not sure if there are any changes between the original kickstarter and the Nisaba version.

That preview story was pretty good to the point I am now interested in the RPG.

Deptfordx
Dec 23, 2013

Back in the spring as I recall, around March-ish.

Deptfordx
Dec 23, 2013

For those with access to BBC podcasts, the third season of The Lovecraft Investigations just dropped for download.

If you don't know it.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p08y46bf

The conceit is it's one of those 'True Crime' investigation shows. Think Serial, Tiger King, etc.

Only they find themselves investigating a modern take on a classic Lovecraft story.

It's really well done and I highly recommend it.