Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tochiazuma
Feb 16, 2007

This thread is fantastic, I had fallen out of touch with sumo over time (spent a year in Japan in 97-98, big fan of Kyokushuzan, Tochiazuma and Kaio) but the video summaries are great. Big thanks to everyone uploading them, and to the OP for this thread.

Now my only problem is to figure out who I should hope for now.... hmmm...

(edit: I guess it was obvious I was a fan of one of those I listed, heh)

Tochiazuma fucked around with this message at 22:06 on May 19, 2012

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tochiazuma
Feb 16, 2007

Anime Reference posted:

Seat covers, people throw them into the ring when a lower-ranked wrestler beats a yokozuna (I assume that's what happened, I can't read Japanese.)

Yup, from the notes

"- Kyushu 1994:
-- Day 15: Akebono Y1eHD - Takanohana O1e"

Tochiazuma
Feb 16, 2007

Elissimpark posted:

Prediction: Hakuho avoids all physical contact with Kotoshigiku with a clever series of nekodamashi and inashi, until Kotoshigiku drops from sheer exhaustion.

And then for good measure throws him into the stands.