Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nerokerubina
Jun 7, 2007

I think swords are neat. Do you think swords are neat?!

Fryhtaning posted:

Asashoryu was known for a bit of late hits such as the one on Hakuho that I posted before. However, I've actually never seen anyone get disqualified during a match, but I can't say for sure.

Actually Asashoryu did totally get disqualified once for pulling a dude down by the hair.

edit: Part 2 is hilarious because it has everyone throwing their seat cushions after the decision is announced - apparently this is tradition after a maegashira beats a yokozuna but it's kind of funny to see as a result of disqualification.

Nerokerubina fucked around with this message at 00:46 on Jan 22, 2012

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nerokerubina
Jun 7, 2007

Tsaedje posted:

Looking up potential roadblocks (other than another injury) to Baruto going 15-0 I notice that he has never fought Takanoyama...

Tochinoshin has beaten him once before as well, I guess

Osunaarashi is clearly going to bully the hell out of Baruto. I believe!!

Nerokerubina
Jun 7, 2007

Apraxin posted:

Takanoyama's insulin incident is pretty hilarious, in a bleak kind of way. There were basically two concurrent scandals involving Naruto-oyakata, Takanayoma's stablemaster. That he:

a) had himself prescribed insulin and then bullied Takamoyama into injecting it so he would bulk up.
b) had severely beaten a junior wrestler with a block of wood to 'teach him respect'. (This was less than 5 years since another stablemaster doing the same thing beat a trainee so hard that he died.)

The stablemaster was summoned to see the JSA chairman and it looked like we were all set for another round of damaging scandals, but then within three or four days he unexpectedly dropped dead of respiratory failure. In the aftermath, the junior wrestler remembered that he hadn't been beaten after all, he'd just fallen down the stairs or something, and Takanoyama suddenly recalled that injecting insulin had actually been his own idea all along. The JSA punished Takanoyama by telling him that using insulin was very bad and that he shouldn't do it anymore, and then everyone agreed never to speak of the incident again.

this thread could definitely thrive in PSP because there is nothing wrestling fans love more than stories about how crooked the business is behind the scenes