Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Wendell
May 11, 2003

Maybe it's because I'm new but I didn't think today was boring! No real back and forth battles, but some spectacular falls. And we get to see the rising frustration and desperation of a Yokozuna on a losing streak.

I also want to say how much I love the thread title. At first I thought it was just a dumb typo, but now that I get the joke I think it's the funniest title on the forum. It gives me a good giggle.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wendell
May 11, 2003

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2pYgTY_5kLE&list=UUsyhbQggi0M3t_DMePOLgSw&index=1&feature=plcp this is today's event.

I love Kintamayama for including the Takanoyama bouts, he knows what the people crave!

Looking forward to everyone's thoughts on this stuff. I thought Wakakouyuu/Yoshikaze was pretty exciting! And I guess Kitatatiki was desperate for a win.

Wendell fucked around with this message at 13:43 on May 15, 2012

Wendell
May 11, 2003

I do wonder about that Hakuho match. Is Hakuho just that overwhelming, or was Kakuryu not even trying?

Wendell
May 11, 2003

I can't imagine how pissed Kakuryu was after that.

Wendell
May 11, 2003

Does this mean Takanoyama will be moving back up to makuuchi?? Guy's like a yoyo.

Wendell
May 11, 2003

He's put it up now. I haven't watched yet, but the link is here for anyone else who wants it! http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=6lTGbg7ZM-k

Edit: Holy poo poo, Toyohibiki/Shouhouzan ruled!

Wendell fucked around with this message at 18:54 on May 18, 2012

Wendell
May 11, 2003

Wow, how strong is Hakuhou to manhandle Baruto like that?

Kisenosato always has the smuggest face after his wins, so no matter what he does he's going to look like a dick.

Wendell
May 11, 2003

Tochiazuma posted:

Now my only problem is to figure out who I should hope for now.... hmmm...

It's all good as long as one of your chosen favourites is Takanoyama.

Wendell
May 11, 2003

Thanks for giving us the context not included in the youtube video, seorin. Wish I could have seen that stuff to get the full effect of this victory.

Wendell
May 11, 2003

Haha, the interview after was pretty good too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wendell
May 11, 2003

Fryhtaning posted:

You know those aren't real, right? Kintamayama is a bit of a jokester and loves to make up dialogues out of context. Kind of like the various spinoffs of the Hitler-going-nuts subtitled scene.

I have a feeling Ichinojo is going to get demolished by the real technicians. I'd love to see how Aminishiki, Takekaze, or Yoshikaze would do against him. Well, Yoshi's more of a berserker than a technician, but whatever.

Yes, of course I know that.