Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Funkysauce
Sep 18, 2005
...and what about the kick in the groin?

Kanthulhu posted:

Gagamaru is such an adorable giant lard monster.

Love the giddiness.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Funkysauce
Sep 18, 2005
Really stupid question, but if those are the sumo mascot shirts in the front row, anyone know where to buy them? The Hiyonoyama and Akawashi shirts.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bJsDeNn-MWc - You can see the characters here. (Song WILL get stuck in your head)

Funkysauce
Sep 18, 2005

Uncle Jam posted:

https://ckec.jp/pc/00000003/goods2/20130500691/

If you meant outside of Japan, good luck.

Search せきとりくん顔tシャツ

Nah I have people in Japan, and I will be back there in the coming month or two.

Score!! Thanks for this!!

Funkysauce
Sep 18, 2005
This was the basho of the year for me. Really pleased to see Shohouzan show up big time, close to the yusho.

Funkysauce
Sep 18, 2005
I saw the listing on FiOS about the basho on NHK World but it's in lovely SD for me. The stream is using flash too which is beat, I don't have it installed nor do I want to install it. I'm gonna have to DVR it on TV I think, that's probably the best bet for me. I don't think it will be too bad.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Funkysauce
Sep 18, 2005
Pleasantly surprised to see Kintamayama uploading videos!

The NSK, as it was described, sounds like a mafia. The rikishi earn and the NSK gets to dole out the money as they see fit, they get to make the business decisions and the soldiers go out and earn. Makes it remarkably easy to corrupt, especially if many of the members have no true business management education. The yakuza can easily influence things if the NSK has money troubles.

Also, are Kintamayama's videos higher res now? We were casting them last night and they looked sharper.