Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

I legitimately wouldn't put it past Capcom to bring Wesker back to life again one day (hell, go full Sigma from MMX with it where he somehow IS the virus incarnate or something. Probably wouldn't even be the most batshit thing this franchise has ever done either)

Larryb fucked around with this message at 22:17 on May 4, 2024

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS

Larryb posted:

I legitimately wouldn't put it past Capcom to bring Wesker back to life again one day (hell, go full Sigma from MMX with it where he somehow IS the virus incarnate or something)

Cinematic starts. Chris and Jill walk into a room. Chris's jaw drops.

"I...I killed you! How did you survive?"

Camera slowly pans around. There, shrouded in shadow, he sits.

Jill - "Why is there a boulder sitting in a chair"

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Oh yeah, I would not be surprised at all if he comes back. I wouldn't mind it, either, as long as they kept mixing it up with other villains too.

wizard2
Apr 4, 2022
yeah, I actually really love that nonsense how Wesker could be back again but he's on your side this time somehow???? or The Itchy Tasty Guy could be some notorious skillcheck recurring super boss in asingle game and then never again mentioned, because if Resident Evil franchise isn't an outlet for that kind of bad fun video games writing idk what even is

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Yeah, the best thing about this franchise is there’s not really much if any internal logic. You can basically just dump in whatever insane idea that pops into your head and probably make it work (and because of that you could likely keep churning these out forever if you wanted to)

codo27
Apr 21, 2008

Umbrella cant Umbrella without gov help, supposing that help is just pay us and we'll turn a blind eye like everything in real life. So how about they are the villains of the next game?

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

You want the family back?

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Don't you tell me my business again.
To this day, the thing I care least about in any of these dumb games is, by far, anything related to the story, continuity or the plot.

Just make me do survival horror, god dammit.

0 rows returned
Apr 9, 2007

dealing with the story and continuity is the real survival horror though

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

I like it. It’s fun

wizard2
Apr 4, 2022

man nurse posted:

I like it. It’s fun

it is

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

Delicious and Informative!
:3:

codo27 posted:

Although to be honest I'm not sure what the canon description is for life outside the games' locales.
Based on everything we see, it's basically just regular life. Like, there's literally nothing to indicate it isn't.