Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TLG James
Jun 5, 2000

Questing ain't easy
A couple of my diving photos from the last few weeks.

All taken with a Canon D20, with another underwater housing.

edit: poo poo need to fix sizing.

TLG James fucked around with this message at 20:37 on Sep 8, 2012

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TLG James
Jun 5, 2000

Questing ain't easy

Moon Potato posted:

A river otter mother and two pups

I'm really thrilled to have gotten this last one. It took almost three years living in this area before I caught more than a fleeting glimpse of a river otter.

Where do you live?

TLG James
Jun 5, 2000

Questing ain't easy

Great photos!

TLG James
Jun 5, 2000

Questing ain't easy
Mad jealous of the river otter pics.

TLG James
Jun 5, 2000

Questing ain't easy

Moon Potato posted:

Nice Wyoming photos. I especially like this one.

I lucked out big time yesterday, and had a long-tailed weasel mother move her young into a new burrow right in front of me.

Long-tailed Weasel by Redwood Planet, on Flickr

I missed a lot of the action while I was setting up my tripod and camera, but captured her moving the last two kits across the road.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8HM-0P96MkQ

Before the clouds broke, I found an otter at their favorite fishing spot in the tidal slough again.

otter-open-mouth by Redwood Planet, on Flickr

otter-chew by Redwood Planet, on Flickr

otter-swim by Redwood Planet, on Flickr

After it caught a bunch of fish and shrimp, it swam right up to the bank I was sitting on and bobbed there for about 10 seconds staring at me. It was well within my lens' minimum focal distance, so I just sat there staring back until it dove again. It caught another mouthful of fish, then swam out into the bay.

Where as this at?