Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Stevie Lee
Oct 8, 2007

Jerm324 posted:

Not the best on insects but I think this is a Tiger Swallowtail.

yup! i just got this shot the other day since we're butterfly posting. pretty sure the blue near the tail= female

and here's a flesh fly, no idea what species

xzzy posted:

Another bonus is cameras force you to stop and linger at scenes to take them in. If you're just "going for a hike" it's too easy to blast through a few miles with only a few minutes to snack at whatever the turnaround point is. But if you're lugging a bunch of gear? You are gonna be hunting for shots the entire time, it helps a lot with appreciating what's out there.

Getting that dopamine hit of making a nice shot is good for motivating you go to back out too.

agreed with all this. I've been going through mostly the same rotation of trails around here every few weeks for the last couple years and they never really get old

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stevie Lee
Oct 8, 2007
went to Acadia national park last week and got some cool snowshoe hare shots