Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Syndromic Impostor
Mar 13, 2008
Virginia Zoo

Lazy tiger by Ztyrp, on Flickr

Fearsome tiger by Ztyrp, on Flickr

Sleeping red panda by Ztyrp, on Flickr

Portrait of an Orangutang by Ztyrp, on Flickr

San Diego Zoo

Lazing Polar Bear by Ztyrp, on Flickr

Portrait of a Meerkat by Ztyrp, on Flickr

Sleeping Lizard by Ztyrp, on Flickr

Adorable Lizard by Ztyrp, on Flickr

Obligatory Squirrel

Squirrel I by Ztyrp, on Flickr

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Syndromic Impostor
Mar 13, 2008

William T. Hornaday posted:

It's expensive, but it's pretty good.

I must disagree; I was disappointed. I was in San Diego a couple of weeks ago, and we took a day to visit the zoo. Maybe it was just hyped up too much, but...I was not that impressed. Sure, I got a bunch of photos (some uploaded to a set on flickr, got a ton more waiting for processing). So yeah, it's nice and all...just not as awesome as I had hoped. More specifically, I was not impressed by the fact that a great number of the exhibits featured animals in very small pens or cages. Not worth the (very high) price in my opinion, but if you can afford it I would still recommend that you go. You can get awesome pictures, and maybe your experience will be better than mine :)