Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ferris Bueller
May 12, 2001

"It is his fault he didn't lock the garage."
Before I put it up I have a cool(I think at least) picture of a Red Tail Hawk on a rabbit it took. There is fur all over the place but no gore, so I was wondering if people would be opposed/put off by this?

The bird in question is a wild red tail but kept by a falconer(well austringer in this case,) I however see some zoo pictures(great by the way,) so I figured that wouldn't be a problem.

EDIT: Needing no further encouragement then Hornaday

_MG_5193-Edit.jpg by David Jachym, on Flickr

Ferris Bueller fucked around with this message at 13:59 on Mar 11, 2012

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ferris Bueller
May 12, 2001

Drewski posted:

If people have a problem with nature at its finest in the wildlife thread they can :frogout:. I think that is an awesome picture. It wasn't staged in any way right? The only reason I'd know it's a captive bird is because of the strap on the leg.

Not stage in the sense of staging something for a photo but the falconer pulled her out of the brambels she was in so she wouldnt break her feathers. While in the brambles she would get pissed at a vine and try to attack it/thrash arround and fixing feathers is a pain in the rear end. I just waited for her to raise her crest while lieing on the ground nearby. As for the rabbit it was a wild rabbit she caught, not a "stunt" rabbit so to speak. As to what happened afterward yes I watched however didn't record for postarity. If biology/zoology class didnt bother you then a hawk eating probably wouldnt either. If it makes you feel better the rabbit especially this time off year win most of the time.

Ferris Bueller
May 12, 2001

The expression on the monkey* owns. It made me chuckle right when I saw it.

EDIT:*Or Francois langur as I know it to be now.

Ferris Bueller fucked around with this message at 13:12 on Apr 6, 2012

Ferris Bueller
May 12, 2001

_MG_5331.jpg by David Jachym, on Flickr

Ferris Bueller
May 12, 2001

Some ducks.
Northern Pintail

_MG_5908.jpg by Flying Ferris, on Flickr

Canvas Back