Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sneeze Party
Apr 26, 2002

These are, by far, the most brilliant photographs that I have ever seen, and you are a GOD AMONG MEN.
Toilet Rascal
Here's a couple pictures from my recent outings to The Living Desert in Palm Desert, CA. Taken with a Canon 7D and Sigma 50-200.

Living Desert, Feb 2012-279-Edit.jpg by theokaluza, on Flickr

Living Desert, Feb 2012-215-Edit.jpg by theokaluza, on Flickr

And two from the San Diego Wild Animal Park, taken with my new Canon 70-200 f4L.

San Diego Wild Animal Park Feb 2012-012-Edit.jpg by theokaluza, on Flickr

San Diego Wild Animal Park Feb 2012-066-Edit.jpg by theokaluza, on Flickr

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sneeze Party
Apr 26, 2002

These are, by far, the most brilliant photographs that I have ever seen, and you are a GOD AMONG MEN.
Toilet Rascal

Faltion posted:

^^^ Nice Living Desert shots. I went there on Christmas Eve and was disappointed because nothing wanted to come out.
Yeah. This was my third time there and it's the first time that everything came out. It was late in the day and it was cool out. That might have been the reason. By the way, cool alligator (?) shot.

Sneeze Party
Apr 26, 2002

Toilet Rascal

Whitezombi posted:

Took my son to the Albuquerque Zoo.
I love this shot. The line of his arm matching the line on the rock makes for a really great image.

Here's mine from two weeks ago. San Diego Zoo.

San Diego Zoo, March 2012-044.jpg by theokaluza, on Flickr

San Diego Zoo, March 2012-059.jpg by theokaluza, on Flickr

And here's a Leopard Cheetah (thanks William T. Hornaday) 6 feet from my face. No cage. Kind of scary in retrospect, since he was looking right at me.

San Diego Zoo, March 2012-023.jpg by theokaluza, on Flickr

Sneeze Party fucked around with this message at 04:41 on Apr 4, 2012

Sneeze Party
Apr 26, 2002

Toilet Rascal

Safari Park, October 2014-281-Edit-Edit.jpg by theokaluza, on Flickr

Safari Park, October 2014-280-Edit-2-Edit.jpg by theokaluza, on Flickr

From the Cheetah Run at the San Diego Safari Park. They're like 40%ish crops from my new 6D. I think that I oversharpened the second one. Still pretty happy with them, and super happy with the 6D's focusing system.

Edited that first picture again, and re-cropped it.

Safari Park, October 2014-280.jpg by theokaluza, on Flickr

Sneeze Party fucked around with this message at 02:58 on Oct 16, 2014

Sneeze Party
Apr 26, 2002

Toilet Rascal
Saw some pretty cool stuff at the San Diego Safari Park this weekend.

A Tiger with its Kill
by Sneeze Party, on Flickr

Gorillas Playing Together

Meerkat Sitting in Meditation

Sneeze Party fucked around with this message at 06:15 on Feb 15, 2016

Sneeze Party
Apr 26, 2002

Toilet Rascal
I love both shots of the Polar Bear. How long did you hang out at the enclosure to get those? My wife is always in such a hurry to see the next thing.

Sneeze Party
Apr 26, 2002

Toilet Rascal
Went to the San Diego Safari Park a couple of weeks ago and did the "Cheetah Safari" as part of an anniversary gift from my wife. It was pretty cool. The whole experience lasts for about an hour, and you get to meet the Cheetahs up close and personal. It's also quite phenomenal to see her run past you at 60mph. We got to see two runs, and on the second one, I was SO SURE that I'd be able to get a direct shot of her running past... but I was too slow, and only got her tail in those shots.

I got these though, which I kind of like.

Cheetah Running Close-Up by SneezeParty, on Flickr

Cheetah Chasing a Lure by SneezeParty, on Flickr

Cheetah Portrait by SneezeParty, on Flickr

Sneeze Party fucked around with this message at 14:56 on Aug 18, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sneeze Party
Apr 26, 2002

Toilet Rascal
Those are all really awesome. Are these glass enclosures or are they open air? Never been to Disney's zoo.