Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mega Comrade
Apr 22, 2004

Listen buddy, we all got problems!
Think its about time I started actually partisipating instead of lurking.
So just got back from a little holiday in Chester, England. They have a fantastic Zoo there which I recommend to anyone who's travelling through. One thing I need to learn though is more control over the number of shots I take, I have a bad habbit of leaving my camera in CH and just taking way way to many shots, storage wise its not an issue but going through them in lightroom after is seriously killing my drive to develop and upload them.

Anyway here are 2 I took from the reptile exhibition they have, was very challenging what with the low light, child fingerprint covered glass and glare from lights. Things got easier when I switched off my mid range zoom to a macro prime.

Green by Gareth Dineen, on Flickr

Eye spy by Gareth Dineen, on Flickr

I'll post more as I work my way through them.

As no one has posted since my last post I'll just edit this one.

A Bali Starling. Almost extinct in the wild :( . Again taken at Chester Zoo where they are having success with a breeding program.
Bali Starling by Gareth Dineen, on Flickr

Mega Comrade fucked around with this message at 21:16 on Jul 16, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mega Comrade
Apr 22, 2004

I really like this one.

Mega Comrade
Apr 22, 2004

Which 70-300? There is a bunch of them on Nikon.

Keep in mind as well, the D7100 is a APS-C sensor, so that is going to actually be a 105-450 equivalent. Great if you are doing a safari or something, but really restrictive if you want to shoot anything indoors or close up.

The AF-P DX 70-300 is only £150 pre-owned, and while it's very plastic and doesn't even come with a hood, for the price it's pretty great.

https://www.ephotozine.com/article/af-p-dx-nikkor-70-300mm-f-4-5-6-3-g-ed-vr-lens-review-30569

Mega Comrade fucked around with this message at 13:03 on Dec 10, 2023