Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jadeilyn
Nov 21, 2004

Finally out shooting again. This was in Catalina State Park outside of Tucson. I was trying out my new 100mm 2.8 macro.

Regal Horned Lizard by jadeilyn, on Flickr

I didn't even see the ant when I took the shot and it is now almost my favorite part. I might bump the exposure on this one. I waffle between thinking that it's too dark and that it's fine.

Zebra-tailed Lizard by jadeilyn, on Flickr

American Lady? by jadeilyn, on Flickr

Plateau Fence Lizard by jadeilyn, on Flickr

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jadeilyn
Nov 21, 2004

800peepee51doodoo posted:

Amazing. Those gorilla portraits are stunning and I love the pose of that chimpanzee. What a great opportunity.

Even if you were in a boat I don't know how close I'd want to be to a bull elephant making threat displays like that. Wonderful shots!

Jadeilyn
Nov 21, 2004

This sea lion was taking a nap in the harbor. What a life.

California Sea Lion by Elanna, on Flickr

Jadeilyn
Nov 21, 2004

BeastOfExmoor posted:

Well, until an Orca or Great White take notice of you.

Went birding at a park near my house. On my way back to the car I scared this guy off the trail. Probably the largest set of antlers I've ever seen on a Black-Tailed Deer (pacific subspecies of Mule Deer).

Black-Tailed Buck
by Josh, on Flickr

This muskrat was standing out 15ft away from me. Unfortunately when I tried to move to a better angle it took off.

Muskrat
by Josh, on Flickr

In the harbor at least, he was king.

Good job on the focus with the buck, did you have a chance to get more than one photo before he bolted?

Joshua Tree National Park is miserably hot even at 8:00 AM, but we went for the Milky Way. Regardless, the chuckwallas are bold and this one had no fucks to give.

Common Chuckwalla by Elanna, on Flickr

Jadeilyn
Nov 21, 2004

Going through my photo backlog. These are from the Chaffee Zoo in Fresno, CA:

Sumatran Orangutan by Elanna, on Flickr

I did not expect to get a couple shots of a young orangutan peeing, but I lucked out.

Harbor Seal by Elanna, on Flickr

Lions by Elanna, on Flickr

This is a wild ibex in Israel:

Male Ibex by Elanna, on Flickr

Jadeilyn
Nov 21, 2004

I took a trip to San Simeon in California to see the Elephant Seal Rookery. I highly recommend it, it's very close to Hearst Castle and there's no admission fee. This isn't the most populous time of year and we still saw over 80 seals.

Surf by Elanna, on Flickr

Bellow by Elanna, on Flickr

Spar by Elanna, on Flickr

Sneer by Elanna, on Flickr

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jadeilyn
Nov 21, 2004

Our local zoo just opened a new area after remodeling extensively.

[/url
][url=https://flic.kr/p/2oPW6Zo]Small-Clawed Otters
by Elanna, on Flickr

Sunda Gharial by Elanna, on Flickr

Sunda Gharial by Elanna, on Flickr

I was unfortunately a little too slow on this photo, I was still set to 1/125s.

Sadly my photo of the gharial resting at the bottom of his pool and the turtle in the same exhibit sitting on his head did not come out.

Malayan Tiger by Elanna, on Flickr