Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

toggle
Nov 7, 2005

Evolution?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

toggle
Nov 7, 2005

Yeah, I agree. Great photo!

toggle
Nov 7, 2005

Has anyone been to the Johannesburg Lion and Rhino park? I've got a free trip there through work, and was wondering if a Tamron 150-600 would be overkill?

toggle
Nov 7, 2005

Ah yes..that's true!

toggle
Nov 7, 2005

Snakes like to be pat too. This is especially true with Australian snakes.

toggle
Nov 7, 2005

Elendil004 posted:

That actually might be a bit much. You get very close to the lions, I never needed more zoom on my 70-200 with an extension. If you have a second body with a wider lens then your Tamron would rock, but I think with that much zoom you might miss wider shots of things playing.

OK cool, that's what I was thinking...

Cheers!

toggle
Nov 7, 2005

Do they have to cull bears in Yellowstone?

toggle
Nov 7, 2005

toggle
Nov 7, 2005

This cow will be a pattie next week :(

toggle
Nov 7, 2005

Soldier crab doing it's thing.

starship troopers reboot lookin good

toggle
Nov 7, 2005

Bubbacub posted:

Yeah, I won't risk a big white telephoto on a boat, but I've gotten decent results with a 70-300 and want a bit more reach. The combination of reach and portability of the RF lenses is just too irresistible if I happen to come across a kingfisher or something in broad daylight.

I do a lot of open water sea kayaking as well as a bit of mangrove estuary paddling, and have used the Nikon Z50 + Nikon 24-200 to decent success. Not the best birding setup, but its light and takes a reasonably decent image.

Are there any teleconverters that would fit that 70-300? Size and weight are my big concerns when it comes to gear on a kayak.

toggle
Nov 7, 2005

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

toggle
Nov 7, 2005