Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

AfricanBootyShine
Jan 9, 2006

Snake wins.

I'm going be in Southern Africa in over the holidays this year, and plan on taking some photos.

I'm thinking of getting a telephoto, but I've got a very limited budget (£200 is my hard limit, ideally less) and am split between bringing my Canon EOS300 (Film EF mount w/ AF) or a Nikon D7100. I'm leaning toward the Canon as the Nikon is heavy AF.

Any advice? I'm thinking if canon I'll get a 75-300 f/4, as they don't seem too bad and are in the middle of my price range. I know for Nikon there's the 70-300 VR? I looked into rentals but they work out to be more than the cost of outright purchasing one of these lenses.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU