Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

theHUNGERian
Feb 23, 2006

I found a tree that is super popular with the Hummingbirds.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

theHUNGERian
Feb 23, 2006

Very nice! I saw one of these on Guam this March, but sadly I only had my landscape lens on me.

"Oh look, a cute rabbit."
*takes out camera*

:cry: :stonk:

theHUNGERian
Feb 23, 2006

If I took a picture of snow during blue hour and then edited it back to pure white, at least some of the magic would go away.

theHUNGERian
Feb 23, 2006

Speaking of water, ...

I love snorkeling, and on one of my trips to Guam, I was out in the water, just having a really amazing time. It was in a spot where they built an underwater observatory that water-shy tourists can walk into to observe the marine life. I can only assume that they feed the fish in an effort to keep them around, because (1) the place was packed with fish, (2) they all stared at me in expectation of something while also being really close to me, and (3) one of the smaller ones (half the size of my palm) actually bit me. In my usual style I arrive at 6:30am, when I still have the entire place to myself, I swim out, and I enjoy the scenery: coral, fish, not another soul in the water. Everything is super peaceful, when all of a sudden, like lightning, the fish scatter. I didn't see anything in front of my, so I turn around, and sure enough a (harmless to me) reef shark had entered the area. It was one of the most amazing sights.

theHUNGERian
Feb 23, 2006

Still kicking myself for not taking the camera with me on the first dive as we saw a gigantic spider crab. But it was my first dive with new gear, so I wanted both hands to be free just in case.

theHUNGERian fucked around with this message at 19:12 on Mar 30, 2024

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

theHUNGERian
Feb 23, 2006