Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SoundMonkey
Apr 22, 2006

I just push buttons.

You think squirrels don't spook easy? Raccoons do not give a SINGLE gently caress.

Yes it's a terrible picture. But more to the point, I was standing not ten feet away, using a hotshoe flash at about half power, with AF-assist and everything, and it barely even noticed. Good practice for when you're shooting something worth taking a picture of.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SoundMonkey
Apr 22, 2006

I just push buttons.

BetterLekNextTime posted:

I shouldn't have been so lazy, I didn't bother to get my flash.

The first few shots I took were some timid ISO 3200 don't-scare-the-wildlife pics, then I realized... raccoons just don't care. They're an excellent animal to practice wildlife skills on. Just don't get mauled by them.

EDIT: This raccoon ignored an SB800 firing directly into its face at half-to-full power for ten minutes. Most PEOPLE I know couldn't do that.