Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Whitezombi
Apr 26, 2006

With these Zombie Eyes he rendered her powerless - With this Zombie Grip he made her perform his every desire!
Took my son to the Albuquerque Zoo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Whitezombi
Apr 26, 2006

With these Zombie Eyes he rendered her powerless - With this Zombie Grip he made her perform his every desire!

William T. Hornaday posted:

I really enjoy your photos. I would love to have the access to animals that you have.

Whitezombi
Apr 26, 2006

You can! all the photos I've shared here were taken from the public spaces of the various zoos.

What are you shooting with? The fences here prevent shooting a lot of the animals. :bang:

Whitezombi
Apr 26, 2006

The gear I usually bring to the zoo is a 7D, 70-200 2.8L IS, 24-70 2.8L, 580EX II, and 12 mm extension tube.

I pretty much won't even bother trying to take photos at 90% of zoo exhibits. I'll walk up, look at it, say to myself "There's no loving way that I can possibly get a good photo out of this," and just move along to the next one. Maybe the lighting is too poor, the background sucks, the lighting is too harsh and contrasty, the vantage point is too high or low (i.e., not at eye level,) the animals are too far away, the mesh/glass/fence is impossible to cleanly shoot through, and so on; if any of these are the case and can't be overcome in some way (I've accumulated quite the sack of tricks,) I won't even bother. So be aware, the photos I share here typically go through a pretty thorough vetting process before I even think about picking up my camera to take them.

That's exactly how it went with me. Plus having the girlfriend and 2 kids along.

Whitezombi
Apr 26, 2006

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Whitezombi
Apr 26, 2006

tau posted:

Dug through some old photos from my PowerShot A80 and came across this guy just chilling as always.

Mr. Toad by ryantss, on Flickr

This is great. Put it in the landscape thread!